Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Who else is too tired to be productive?
1  2  Next

imasinger

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 5:17 pm
I'm exhausted. We haven't bought our lulavim, the kids haven't put up decorations, and I have tons of cooking left to do.

And I'm sitting here at the computer trying to pretend that none of that exists.

Who else is joining me in my happy place?

new-here

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 5:29 pm
Unfortunately me! I tend to be doing a lot of this lately. But I don't have as many things as you to do, as I am not putting up a sukkah, or being home for the meals. But there is still the cleaning, laundry, and endless ironing and whatnot.

I feel your pain. Ignorance is bliss, right?

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 6:06 pm
I did lots of cooking today and I am thrilled that I have finished at 11:05. (still borekas baking in the oven)

But now I have to summon the energy to put it all away. I may just leave all the mess for the morning. (when the cleaner comes)

socialbird

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 6:19 pm
Me Smile All I've made are my Challos and ice cream. We only having 1st day lunch but I still need to make everything else, and I just am too tired. I guess there's always tomorrow Very Happy

red sea

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 6:25 pm
me, me, me!

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 6:36 pm
I'm tired, but if I am not productive it will backfire on me tomorrow...

mom23

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 7:06 pm
Count me in. I accomplished today, but I think I was working in slow motion. I started cooking at 9:15 this morning, until 5:00 pm and I think I have one meal partially covered. LOL

Somehow it all gets done. I don't know how, but it does. One day my son will sleep through the night, and I'll actually be able to function at full (well maybe not full) capacity.

ozfest

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 7:18 pm
talk about tired...I just put the boiling hot kettle in the fridge instead of the milk! haven't slept more than a couple of hours each night this week. now I'd better stop myself right here before I hijack this thread. it's just so rare that someone actually asks... Smile
thank Gd we're not home for the first days at least.

zigi

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 9:01 pm
lol ozfest! me too I'm tired. I did a lot I didn't start the cooking or the rest of the cleaning. I think I will do it tomorrow I will crash if I don't take a break.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 9:18 pm
I'm sooo osick of Tishrei....I'm soo tired... I'm sick with a cold, but not sick enought o stay home from work, and I'm soooo tired.

All I do is cook for Tishrei, even with all the work I did in Elul.

I might need to take a day off after Simchas Torah just to recuperate.

nicole81

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 9:21 pm
I'm exhausted from work. I'm been sleeping four hours a night because I'm too tired to even get up from the computer and walk upstairs to go to bed.

I don't know what I was thinking inviting people to stay for yom tov and my house is a mess and the food is not cooked.

dd has off from school tomorrow and at first I was resentful that I had to put in for a day off, but now I'm thankful because I know everything will need to be done last minute. and thank goodness for columbus day, too.

dee's mommy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 9:25 pm
Me. I've been in this too tired/ lazy mode since Yom Kippur. Though there is quite a lot in the freezer, so technically, I don't have much to do. I just can't get motivated to do the little that's left.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 9:28 pm
was in, now I'm out. Yesterday I was part of your club. Today, the sun came up (briefly) and I just had a heaping pile of pickled roast... less for me for yom tov. But it was divinely delicious and now I'm back to laying some golden eggs again.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 9:29 pm
I only need to make for two big meals, but we are also having sleepover guests, so that means I need to clean up the whole house, not just the "public" areas. I also need to make sure that I have breakfast foods, snacks, etc.

I am sooo tired!!!
Hopefully I will go to bed and wake up with an amazing energy to get it all done!

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 9:39 pm
Isn't it a bit late to start on Succos cooking this afternoon? Or is it only me, the slowpoke, who needs to start way earlier, otherwise I get nowhere? embarrassed

tuttifruttio

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 11:42 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
Isn't it a bit late to start on Succos cooking this afternoon? Or is it only me, the slowpoke, who needs to start way earlier, otherwise I get nowhere? embarrassed

Not late at all!! I started cooking at 8pm (after cleaning and putting ds to sleep). Now it is nearly 12 midnight and I have a roast that'll be on the flame for another hour or so, 2 kugels, roasted potatoes, chicken soup, sesame teriyaki salmon, gefilte fish in sauce and a brownie cake. On Y't I'm going to make garlic greenbeans and another side dish. Tada!!! Ge'endig!!
Right now, I'm going to go dry the dishes, go into bed and try to fall asleep amid seeing stars....

downsyndrome

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 8:48 am
Wow tuttifruttio - you are geshikt! It would take me a lot longer to do all of that. In addition, when I was preparing, I was considering all of Yom Tov, so I have 2 full-length freezers packed with baked stuff, I.e. challahs to feed an army, cakes to feed one division, main courses, side dishes, kugels, sauces, tons of soups, etc.

mominisrael2

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 8:56 am
Me...thought I was being smart arranging my invitations and menus weeks in advance, but had no idea at the time that this would be the week I'd have pregnancy complications that have left me unable to function...

Pulled some challahs and kugels out of the freezer, used one crockpot to throw together a soup and my other one for chicken and vegetables, made rice and dessert, will do salad later, and gamarnu...now, just to put on a happy face for the guests and be glad that we'll be eating in the sukkah so they don't have to look at the state of my apartment...

Mirabelle

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 8:58 am
Mominisrael, don't feel bad, DH and I are about to head out to the store to get a whole bunch of prepared stuff. At least this morning I managed to clean, with "help" from DD.

(p.s. I hope everything is ok!)

ozfest

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 3:34 pm
nicole, love your avatar! mominisrael - hope everything's ok and try not to work too hard!
yes, 3 hours before yomtov I'm online, drinking my 3rd cup of coffee for the day...that somehow hasn't cleared the fog in my head. shall I try for a fourth? as I said, THANK GD we're not home!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics