Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Scd help--need to stop losing weight.
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 3:13 pm
Wow, $40 with 11 rave reviews

http://www.walmart.com/catalog.....od=rr

This is my next birthday present.

Actually... Anybody want / need a $300 veggie juicer? It does apples WHOLE, amazing. But I cannot tolerate juices. I get hives within minutes.

I'll trade for something nice.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 3:14 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
You can actually pickle meat yourself raw for 2 weeks in the freezer, the way real deli meat is prepared.
Then once it's pickled you cook it. Cool it. And slice.

so put it in the marinade into the freezer / what happens? as it thaws, it pickles even more? I shoudl get one of those injecting things... and then a commercial meat slicer... then we can split a roast!

Oops... I meat in the fridge. Sorry about that Smile
LET'S make our own pickled roast!

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 3:15 pm
Hu? You put it for 2 weeks in the fridge? Get outa here...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 3:20 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
Hu? You put it for 2 weeks in the fridge? Get outa here...

Like the butchers do. Place pickling ingredients (salt, peppercorns...) and meat in vacuum packed type plastic bag. Place heavy object on top. Turn meat bag every day...

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 3:25 pm
Oh wow, I have to learn more about that. I guess a large ziplock bag will do.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 5:40 pm
sounds great, but I don't have room in my fridge. so you two can pickle it, and I'll be happy to taste Smile

shockingly enough, I really want bologna. and hot dogs. not corned beef. I like the real junk. it's on my mental list of what to look forward to.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 5:50 pm
Be very careful... Try to gain weight steadily and not by eating trash.

When you found you reached your goal, be careful to STAY on it, you might gain more than you wanted, or the weight might accumulate on different places and in different ways than you wanted.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 5:55 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
Be very careful... Try to gain weight steadily and not by eating trash.

When you found you reached your goal, be careful to STAY on it, you might gain more than you wanted, or the weight might accumulate on different places and in different ways than you wanted.

see, that's the thing. I don't have any trash to eat (wish I did). and I'm not looking to gain weight, just to stop losing. I'm fine as I am. (I wouldn't mind gaining a few pounds, but that's not actually necessary.) I'm just worried about losing too much.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 6:01 pm
OK, just finished slicing the hunk of silver tip roast... It's wayyyyyyyyyyy too salty. I guess what they put in is garbage, what I made myself was just fine (cooked in water with pickling spice).

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 6:40 pm
I always wanted to learn how to make my own hot dogs mummiedearest! I too crave salty garlicky junk.
I know someone in the meat business, and I'm contemplating asking him to make a special order of hot dogs for me with my restrictions.
Maybe he can figure out a way to make hot dogs for you with your restrictions.
I know, I know... sweet dreams.
Btw, would beef jerky satisfy your cravings?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 7:04 pm
I've never had beef jerky, so I don't know. I just really want a hot dog.

about making your own, there are two things you never want to witness the making of-- laws and sausages.

my father once worked for a butcher and told me that sausage making is really gross, so I guess the saying is true. I'm not even considering attempting it.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 8:24 pm
Hot dogs have corn syrup and starch to hold it together... I guess all illegal.

Take a look:

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:43 pm
well, watching a churning vat of meat puree has certainly curbed my appetite for hot dogs. yech.

thanks, shaklee.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:47 pm
LOL my dd doubled over from that part of the clip (where it looks like marshmallow poo)

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:50 pm
actually, I was thinking partially digested food mush with stomach acid. yech. but I like the phrase marshmallow poo. may I use it?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:52 pm
sure go ahead!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 10:24 pm
For those of you SCDers craving deli, Rockland Kosher in Monsey procceses their own deli. None of it had illegal ingredients, no starch, sugar, flour etc...

behappysk

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 11:21 pm
Hey amother! I was just going to mention that! I got the hot dogs through Chana Perry Rosenberg and the label on it was from Monsey Glatt. Also I have an exellent cracker recipe from Mrs. Breuer. Tastes just like flatbreads! No kidding! Let me know if any of you are interested.

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 7:22 pm
what is Sccd???

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 7:25 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
what is Sccd???

Specific Carbohydrate Diet.
It's for people who "suffer from various bowel disorders as well as the many related problems which actually stem from imbalances in the intestinal tract."
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise