Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
JcPenny vs. Sears Photography
1  2  Next

JcPenny Vs Sears Photography
Jcpenny  
 45%  [ 11 ]
Sears  
 54%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 24

amother

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:48 pm
I would like to go take some pictures of my dd 17 months old on thursday which one do you think is a better option and which location. thank you.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 3:50 pm
I think it probably depends on where you live and who the photographers are in that location.

melbee

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 4:19 pm
Although HY is probably right, I really did not do well at JCPenney for DS's 6 month portraits. The pics came out well, but it was obvious the woman did not like working with children (she lined up the blocks with his name and then got mad when he knocked down the tower and ate the blocks), and when it came time to pick them up I signed up to have them emailed, and it took 2 weeks and a great deal of arguing to get the next day email. Very frustrating. I've heard similar bad experiences from using JCPenney.

Never used Sears, so I can't make any comparison. Sorry. But I do not recommend JCP.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 4:38 pm
Op: New York area
Queens NY. Brooklyn NY. Newark NJ. Or New york NY

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 7:51 pm
Go to the Sears Beverly Road location. They do a great job!

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 7:53 pm
olan mills is where I took my kids ...

there is an "amother" who does photography ... chayitty I believe is her name and she is in boro park ... and travels to your home ... we gotta search the site for her info ...

PIP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 8:02 pm
greenie, as do I Wink

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 9:10 pm
Sears does a nice job. I've never tried JCPenney.
Picture People, though pricey when compared to the others, do a beautiful job. The photographers give it their all and the pictures always come out great.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 9:17 pm
My sister always goes to the photography place in babies r us and her pictures are great.

chillax

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 10:09 am
First time I went to Sears and was not impressed. I wouldn't count out all Sears' but I personally did not have a good experience. It depends on the photographer, the time, etc.
Went to target last time and I was much happier with the results. I've seen quite a few portraits done there and they're usually really nice.

Fresca

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 11:51 am
I went twice to Sears and didnt have a good experience. JC Penney isn't any better.

If you need good pictures try either Kiddie Kandids or Picture People.

Barbara

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 12:06 pm
Confirm that your local Sears honors appointments. My experience, albeit many years ago, was that they did not.

Newly Wed

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 12:21 pm
Try Kiddie Kandids or Picture People if possible. Pretty costly but definitely worth the price. The JCP pics I have seen are nothing special at all.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 1:38 pm
FYI, the Sears Kings Plaza location is terrible for photography.

bnm

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 1:53 pm
whatever you do, don't do wal mart in the mountains.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 3:30 pm
ra_mom wrote:
FYI, the Sears Kings Plaza location is terrible for photography.

and anti semites

Liebs

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 6:46 am
if u go 2 picture pple check out their website usually have coupon for free pic

bnm

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 11:35 am
ra_mom wrote:

thanks. I just got a birthday coupon from Sears that I want to take advantage of-free 11x14 and collage

MidwestMommy

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 11:44 am
I went to Sears for a long time for pictures and JCPenny a couple of times... neither were all that special. Recently, we went to picture people and they were AWESOME! Plus, you get your pictures in 20 minutes! We always had to wait several weeks with Sears. Confused I used the coupon Picture People has on their website (I think they always have something), so in the end it really wasn't that much more $$ than Sears.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 5:09 pm
bnm wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

thanks. I just got a birthday coupon from Sears that I want to take advantage of-free 11x14 and collage

Go online and check out their backgrounds and props, so that you know what you want when you get there. Then decide on which two outfits to bring along for baby.
You can PM me to see some pics I took there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics