Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Upper or lower teeth first?

yummy2

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 6:26 pm
Which tooth ussualy comes in first? I have heard the bottom, I noticed a white thing on the upper gum though. Dd does not have teeth yet...

geemum

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 7:10 pm
Most kids get the bottom 2 front teeth first. then the top two, then the top 2 more either side of the front ones, then the bottom 2 more.

My DD is now getting her teeth in the "wrong" order. Don't worry it makes no difference.

cranberry

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 7:12 pm
My first two got their bottom teeth first, which is what's usual. But my 13 month old is just getting his first tooth now, and it's a top tooth.

yummy2

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 7:17 pm
ok then, thank you ladies.

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 7:21 pm
Yehuda who is now 11 and a half months old got all four teeth (the bottom front teeth and the upper front teeth) at the same time when he was 10 months old. They say usually the two lower ones first, but every baby is different, I would not worry about it. when I was training to be a midwife a baby was bron with her front upper two teeth. So they can come any time and in any order. Good Luck with the teething, if the baby is in pain give the baby a little pain relief and lots of kisses and cuddles!!! Wink

yummy2

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 7:24 pm
Thank you jewish mama, wow!!! Smile. Thanks for the tips too, I like them and will definitly do them!! Dd thanks you as well, she smiled now when I hugged her...

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 7:34 pm
aisheschayil wrote:
Thank you jewish mama, wow!!! Smile. Thanks for the tips too, I like them and will definitly do them!! Dd thanks you as well, she smiled now when I hugged her...

LOL!!!! that's cute. Have you tried teething gel, bread sticks, or just a hard toy for her to chew and bite on, it all helps. But the best is Mummy's hugs and kisses!!!!!

yummy2

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 7:43 pm
Wink. Currently doing it all....

rainbow baby

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 7:33 pm
How is your baby doing? Have those little teeth made an appearence yet???? Bet your baby enjoyed all those hugs and kisses, LOL!!!!!

yummy2

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 11:42 pm
Lol, how are you doing? Thanks for checking in. Believe me when I say no teeth yet. She is still teething... Loving the hugs and kisses! Wink

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 6:58 am
We're good B"H, six teeth here lol. The first ones can take ages to come through she'll get there eventually!!!!

YALT

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 7:06 am
front bottom are the norm. But anything is normal. Both of my kids got their molars first.
DD is cutting her 4th molar now, has a few teeth that came in between. But she only had 3 of the front teeth so far. Just this week she cut 3 teeth in 2 days. Including her front top & the one next to it.

WARNING: BABY Orajel is safe & fine. DO NOT USE oragel or anythng of the sort that is meant for adults! It causes too much saliva & the baby can choke.
I find that the baby orajel does wonders! Of course hugs'n'kisses from Mummy are the best, but she may like it so much she'll keep her teeth from showing. lol (Don't worry, Gitty gets plenty of it!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics