Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How do you work out with babies & kids around?

amother

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 9:30 pm
I want to do some exercise videos, but how do I do it with a baby and toddler around? They'll both get into trouble. Nap time doesnt work, im always scared they'll wake up while im at it.
Is it bad to exrecise at night? like after they're sleeping, or should I put baby in playpen or something while working out?
Sorry to sound like im talking to myslef, im just trying to figure out how to juggle this all.
thanks

RedVines

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 9:44 pm
thats so funny, I am nursing now so that I can workout. I am trying right when I put the older ones down and the baby in a swing. wish me luck!

PIP

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 12:29 am
If your kids are old en ough, you can try and make it an activity with them. Everyday I asked my daughter "ready to exercise?" (Shes almost too) and she gets so excited and says yaaa!!! and runs to the computer and waits for me to put it on, and believe it or not she does it with me! Its really cute to see her try to pick up her little feet!

elisecohen

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 7:11 am
I tried exercising during nap time, before dinner time (and during dinner time while dh fed the kids). What works best for me sadly is to get up at 5:15 every morning and work out then. That way I'm all through or at least ready for the baby when he wakes and wants to nurse. I wind up having to go to bed by 9:30 at night though!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 10:39 am
I used to get up early for doing an aerobic video that I couldn't tend to them when I did.

Going on the bike was easier; I could do homework with them.

happymom

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 3:35 pm
work out when youn husband is home. youre right its no a good idea to do it when ure kids are up.. u wont be able to focus on your exersize and youir kids might act up... so at night is good too

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 3:56 pm
I found that when my kids were little, I didn’t have that much energy at night, and I didn’t want DH seeing me in my exercise clothes anyway….and after a day of work, he wasn’t going to babysit. But that’s just me/us I guess.

granolamom

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 9:03 pm
I run in the mornings before dh leaves for work. only problem is that I don't have as much time as I'd like, but something's better than nothing.

amother

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 9:26 pm
I do my excercise at night.

Also when I had my daughter home I would do it together with a friend who had a daughter the same age and it usually worked out alright.

Bell

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 9:34 pm
im a personal trainer-- If u have to choose bet no work out or working out @ night-- night is def a better choice. Try to do it as far from your bedtime as possible.
Another tip: now with the nice weather, strap your child into the stroller & go walking, running, jogging etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise