Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Looking for a VERY curly sheitel
1  2  Next

curlysew86

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 7:10 pm
Hi, I'm looking for a VERY curly fall (with a part/scalp) that is natural curls that really looks like my hair used to! where can I get one in the NY area??
heres a picture:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img.....w.jpg

Last edited by curlysew86 on Wed, Nov 18 2009, 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

chaylizi

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 7:15 pm
your links don't work.

curlysew86

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 7:20 pm
I know can u tell me anyway?

QUEENY

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:33 pm
I saw your picure. You look both look great. You have such nice curly hair so I understand why you'd want one but I don't think it will look as good. I got two curly falls from Clary but eventually the curl falls. It takes a lot of maintaining (moose, spritz, crunch) Good Luck!

chaylizi

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:36 pm
I know someone with a shaitel like that, but it's a custom. I have curly shaitels that are Euro & Freeda.

elf123

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:43 pm
Lauren Eisenberger specializes in curly sheitels/falls. They are custom and I'm sure not cheap, but they are supposed to be the best. She is in Brooklyn, her # is (718)692-4778.

levial

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 1:42 pm
Just to add, I know of someone who has gorgeous curly hair. Her curly hair sheitel was a disappointment to her, and she started just wearing a wavy one instead as the curly part was too much to keep up - and she paid top dollar for it, so I wouldn't recommend it.

sister

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 7:39 pm
Paula Bisk in Toronto can make one exactly like your hair

granolamom

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 3:51 pm
first, you do have gorgeous curls.
my hair is very curly also, from the pic I'd say mine is probably curlier than yours but also coarser. in any case, I love my shaitel from lauren. the curls are almost exactly like mine and it stays curly. she will also show you how to wash it yourself.
I've had curly freeda's, one was better than the other but neither was as curly as my own hair and needed frequent washing (like every week) to stay curly. otherwise they got flat or frizzy.
I also have a clary curly fall, which is eh. not really curly unless you take a curling iron to it. its like a tightish wave. and also gets flat very quickly.
I'm actually thinking of saving up for a new lauren, mine is going to be 5 yo pesach time. if you can afford it, its worth the money, imo.

TzipG

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 4:05 pm
I second the recommendation for Lauren Eisenberger. My curly fall is almost 7 years old and still looks amazing. I do not need to get it styled - you wash and gel it and let it dry and it looks great.

Huvs

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 8:02 am
I have a curly fall from Chana Wizel in Monsey- its beautiful and very natural looking all I do is wash and spray with gel! ( think of the money saved on having it done!)

rnf

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 6:27 pm
I have a curly fall from Clary. Although it needs to be maintained - it looks like my natural hair. A bit frizzy and unpredictable. Friends cant believe its a sheital and people at work have no idea. Clary is reasonably priced and she has good customer service.

curlysew86

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 3:04 pm
granolamom wrote:
first, you do have gorgeous curls.
my hair is very curly also, from the pic I'd say mine is probably curlier than yours but also coarser. in any case, I love my shaitel from lauren. the curls are almost exactly like mine and it stays curly. she will also show you how to wash it yourself.
I've had curly freeda's, one was better than the other but neither was as curly as my own hair and needed frequent washing (like every week) to stay curly. otherwise they got flat or frizzy.
I also have a clary curly fall, which is eh. not really curly unless you take a curling iron to it. its like a tightish wave. and also gets flat very quickly.
I'm actually thinking of saving up for a new lauren, mine is going to be 5 yo pesach time. if you can afford it, its worth the money, imo.

Thanks so much! how much is a long fall from lauren?

zb99m

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 7:18 pm
If you want curly, you will NOT be happy with a wavy. Wavy tangles much more than ringlets like yours or mine, and doesn't suit your face.

I trusted a family friend to find and perm me a curly when I got married, and it was a certifiable disaster- I'd rather have spent the $400 more at Lauren Eisenberger to begin with, instead of buying the first one and then paying for the second one now...

I just picked up my curly from Lauren, and it looks JUST like my hair. I'll PM you a picture...

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 7:53 pm
I'm thinking of making my hair into a sheitel just in case Wink

Mannys613

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 9:45 pm
I know someone who paid 2400 for a Lauren Fall; it's like one or two inches below her shoulders. She loves the hair.

curlysew86

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 10:59 pm
zb99m wrote:
If you want curly, you will NOT be happy with a wavy. Wavy tangles much more than ringlets like yours or mine, and doesn't suit your face.

I trusted a family friend to find and perm me a curly when I got married, and it was a certifiable disaster- I'd rather have spent the $400 more at Lauren Eisenberger to begin with, instead of buying the first one and then paying for the second one now...

I just picked up my curly from Lauren, and it looks JUST like my hair. I'll PM you a picture...

I couldnt see the picture. it said page not found. can u send it again? also how much did u pay for urs? and how much do falls run with her?

zb99m

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 11:07 pm
Mine was $2800 for full custom, length comes about to the bottom of my shoulder blades. Obviously, shorter isn't as expensive. Don't know about falls.

zb99m

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 11:08 pm
Not sure why it resized those...

curlysew86

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 8:13 am
zb99m wrote:
Not sure why it resized those...

omg I love!!! I def have to go t her. yours are tighter than mine but im sure sh can do my type of curls too. thanks so much!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels