Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Shaking head

drumjj

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 5:19 am
so my baby is nine months and she lays on the floor alot and when she does she quite often shakes her head from side to side. it looks very odd, is this something I need to worry about or is it normal and she is doing it as a play thing

amother

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 5:26 am
check it out - could be nothing but my sister shook her head a lot as a baby and she had a major vision problem.
(she still shakes her head a bit when looking at something)
it's worth checking with regular dr. and eye dr. -- some vision problems when caught early enough are a lot easier to fix then finding out later.

drumjj

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 5:30 am
how do I know if she has a vision problem I think she can see fine. what sort of vision problem

amother

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 6:07 am
in this case it was using the eyes together. (which often happens if one eye has bad vision - my son had this and I never suspected anything so we only found out when he was 7 and it was too late to do anything)

I would suggest going to a pediatrition and possibly an eye dr. if she keeps doing it (is she doing it when looking at something?)

drumjj

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 7:49 am
no not always ill ask next time I see the doctor

rainbow baby

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 7:30 pm
Check it out, but maybe she has discovered that she likes the feeling of her head rubbing against the floor and she thinks it's a great game!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics