Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Really can use advice!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 1:27 pm
Hi,

I am looking for advice on anything to sell/work from home. I have been unemployed for a year now and its been really hard on me and my husband. mentally, and emotionally. If anyone can please give me advice on something that worked for them and show me what to sell and how to sell it successfully or a job that I can work from home I would be extremely grateful.

I have tried so many interviews, places for jobs etc and ive about come to the end of my rope but still need to support ourselves.

Thank You

6coop

Post Fri, Nov 27 2009, 11:30 am
Do you have any kind of specific talents? Many women begin sheitel, seamstress, scrapbook, shadowboxes, cookie/cake decorating, party planning, music lessons etc...businesses from their homes.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 2:08 pm
you can pm me if you're interested in selling skin care/color cosmetics and/or greeting cards.... I'm happy to have you work with me.

Vintage Modern

Post Tue, Dec 01 2009, 10:51 pm
You need to find the company that works for you. Not all Direct Sales companies are built the same or work for everyone. You need to find a company whose products you are passionate about. If you never wear make-up Mary Kay or Avon might not be the best choice for you, if you love the smell of candles a company like Scentsy or Gold Canyon might be your choice. Maybe you are a Jewelry girl like me. Could be that Children's Toys or books are more of an interest to you. No two people are alike but there is a company out there for you if you are willing to put in the time to make it work.

If you love the product your customers will as well. But you need to realize that Direct Sales takes time to build your customer base. 99% of people are not going to be an overnight success. I truly love the company I am with. I can stand behind our products 100%, get the support I need from my team, I love our thought process and what the company stands for and I don't feel like I have to be out there pushing for sales. You do need to be willing to network and share (not push) with your friends and acquaintances so you can start on your path to real success with whatever company you choose.

It is not unusual to bring in $200 - 300 from a single event for me but I work hard to get those events booked and teach the hostesses how to have a successful party (not that they listen Rolling Eyes ). But I love what I do and I know all the hard work I put into this is paying off. Please feel free to contact me if you would like help finding the right company for you.

Hashemlovesme

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 2:42 am
Think about what would sell in your community. If you live OOT would imported childrens or maternity clothes sell? or pre made salads or challos for Shabbos. baking snacks for the yeshiva? Hatslacha Raba & keep davening.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers