Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sleep talking babes

Seraph

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 4:44 pm
Anyone else have a sleep talking toddler? Or older kid?

My Uriel was in bed. I heard him saying "Mommy" and lots of other things, softly. I went to check up on him to see that all was ok. His eyes are closed and a dreamy look is on his face. Sound asleep.
Must have happened at least 4 or 5 times this past hour. I've come to the conclusion that he sleep talks. (Like father, like son. Very Happy I do it too, sometimes, my husband tells me.)

Anyone else have a little sleep talking toddler? How old are they?

I've heard of kids sleep talking, but a 1.5 year old sleep talking is just too funny for me. (Only its annoying, because if he really IS up, I'm much better off going to him right away then letting him wake up and have to be mamash put back to sleep, as often happens.)

BeershevaBubby

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 5:00 pm
Both my girls talk int heir sleep and from early ages.

When we were visiting the US after moving to Israel 2 years previously, I heard my oldest talking in Hebrew in her sleep.

freidasima

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 5:41 pm
My mother has long and loud conversations in her sleep and middle dd does as well. Put the two of them together and it's a riot.

Aribenj

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 9:25 pm
DD has been doing that since she started talking. It used to be just "no! no!" type things like nightmares, but lately it's gotten more interesting. She only does it when she's having nightmares though.

Its so cool to be able to get inside their heads that way.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 21 2009, 11:04 pm
not a toddler but my 11 yr old son has come out of his bed from time to time and held conversations, even argued with us in his sleep.

acccdac

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 10:35 pm
ya my 6 year old does it also but only when having nightmares.

its sad but we've stopped going to his bedroom after the first time, becuase he just screams and gets more upset when we go.

although sometimes my husband will "wake him" (I know your not supose to) and take him to the bathroom. a lot of times that stops the crying/screaming. I think its just him fighting with his body about not having an accident at night.

RightOnTarget

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 10:41 pm
2 yr old. talks in sleep occassionally. by dh, I can have a complete conversation with him while he is sleeping. He doesn't remember a thing when I tell him what he said.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics