Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bearly any bowl movement

amother

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 8:51 am
ds is 4mnths old and bearly has bowl movement he is fully nurseing and has a bowl movement I would say every 2 wks
is this something to worry about?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 8:53 am
no.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 9:19 am
don't worry unless he starts to be uncomfortable - he's probably fine. Nursing babies can go a while without a movement - breastmilk produces little waste.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 10:32 am
In the Midbar for full 40 years the Jews only ate Monn and drank water from the Beirah Shel Miriam. They had no bowel movement as it was pure food which was absorbed instantly and there was no need to separate the food from the waste.

Your milk must have the same qualification LOL

sarahd

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 5:43 pm
As my ped. says, for a breastfed baby, anything from ten times a day to once in ten days is normal and not to worry.

canadamom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 7:21 pm
although it can be normal, it's not necessarily that healthy... try eating more fiber rich food, or drinking prune juice, it will help your baby.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 26 2009, 7:24 pm
thank you for yous replies,it really calmed me!

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 11:16 am
I was about to ask the same question, my 4 week old didnt have bowel movements in the last 2 days and I was so worried. I'm only breastfeeding her. she's very gasy though and her stomach is constantly very hard. I'm giving her mylicon drops and tea bottles which relieves the cramps a little bit

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 11:28 am
shlumzmum wrote:
I was about to ask the same question, my 4 week old didnt have bowel movements in the last 2 days and I was so worried. I'm only breastfeeding her. she's very gasy though and her stomach is constantly very hard. I'm giving her mylicon drops and tea bottles which relieves the cramps a little bit

2-3 days is not a problem at all. Nothing to worry about. Messaging her stomach or warm bath might help, though. You should avoid foods like beans, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli that make her gassy.

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:02 pm
MeThinks wrote:
shlumzmum wrote:

2-3 days is not a problem at all. Nothing to worry about. Messaging her stomach or warm bath might help, though. You should avoid foods like beans, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli that make her gassy.

thanks for the advise! I did try messaging her stomach and the warm bath and it only helps for a short while. I don't eat any of these foods that can make her gassy and she's still so gassy.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:04 pm
It is totally normal for a breast fed baby as long as what comes out in the end is soft and she's not straining.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:55 pm
My Dr told me that nursing babies can have a BM once in 10 days or 10 times a day. DD went throught that for a while at the beginning - having one a week maybe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics