Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
One Fell Off and Bumped His Head......

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 1:48 pm
Hey, DD , 2 fell out of her crib today..or jumped, not quite sure.

got a nice, size of an clementine, bump on her forehead and a clack and blue mark in her lip.. Sad

called the doc, said watch her because she kept dozing off, to make sure shes not vomiting and keeps eye contact.

we passed the afternoon and shes sleeping now, but wakes up every twenty minutes whimpering.

I put her on her back so she doesnt put any pressure on the bruise.

should I be nervous? is there anything I can do to calm her? motrin????? just asking here first to see what anyone said if you have had experience with stuff like this..was I not supposed to put her to bed....I dont know. looking for advice....

BlumaG

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 1:58 pm
size of a clementine! yikes poor baby (and you) - never had a bump that big but if its been a few hrs then I wud think shes ok. refuah shlaima

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 4:51 pm
I've noticed, a few, amothers, writing like, this, lately,
is this some new tactic to make your writing unrecognizable or something?

refuah shelaima to the little one. maybe mention to your doc that she kept dozing off?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 4:59 pm
OP

amother bc I know a few ppl on this site an would like my identity to remain private as they heard this story... I wouldnt appreciate them figuring who I was an checking up previous posts, for all they know I could have written for advice abt them. also in case I had some private posts on my username, I wudnt appreciate them identifying them with me......

I dont know why I am explaining, I am not hurting anyone.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 5:33 pm
no sorry you misunderstood. I wasn't questioning you using amother.

never mind

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 6:38 pm
Amother I was told by Hatzala that the first hour is important to check for vomiting, not responding or speaking appropriately, check if the pupils in the eye look normal. Then, wait an additional 3 hours. Vomiting in the next 24 hours is never okay.

It’s not too late to put margarine. Cut a thick slice and apply it to the bruise and when it melts, wipe it off. It puts it back into place within a few hours! Good luck.

NEVER put margarine on an open wound or burn.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 8:22 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
Amother I was told by Hatzala that the first hour is important to check for vomiting, not responding or speaking appropriately, check if the pupils in the eye look normal. Then, wait an additional 3 hours. Vomiting in the next 24 hours is never okay.

It’s not too late to put margarine. Cut a thick slice and apply it to the bruise and when it melts, wipe it off. It puts it back into place within a few hours! Good luck.

NEVER put margarine on an open wound or burn.

Puke are you my grandmother shock Puke ... this is why I cannot stand butter or margarine !!! Puke

look at the pupils and make sure she doesn't vomit ... I guess you can't make sure - but if she does it's a warning sign ... also wake her up every so often to make sure she's okay - after a couple of hours I wouldn't worry ...

this big monkey bumped my head today too ... on the ceiling ... maybe that's why I'm giggling - unless it's the fumes from polyurethane Drunken Smile

sarahla

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 7:58 pm
im not an expect but but there is a cream called arnica (its homeopathy)
rub it every so often and give her motrin (if she's old enough) because im sure that must be painful for her :/
refuah shelema!!!

mammala120

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 8:07 pm
sarahla wrote:
im not an expect but but there is a cream called arnica (its homeopathy)
rub it every so often and give her motrin (if she's old enough) because im sure that must be painful for her :/
refuah shelema!!!

arnica is the way to go

give it in pellets under the tongue.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 10:37 pm
another vote for arnica.

leaht

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 11:23 pm
arnica!! and please, if your baby fell on her head, TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL!! my daughter fell and 12 hours later, we took her (because I couldnt fall asleep with the thought that I hadnt checked her) and she had 3 cracks on her skull!!! bh shes fine, and as the doctor said, most babies brake their heads and we never know about it, but it could be dangerous, and even life threatening!! Please do yourself a favor and have her checked, its only an x-ray, and your sure shes ok.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 11:24 pm
that baby fell 4 months ago, duh!

leaht

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 11:27 pm
oh hahahaha cant stop laughing!!! hope hes ok!!!

fiddle

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 4:07 am
she's fine. lol....black and blue marks all but gone. her skull was intact . lol , I knew I recognized this post Smile

geemum

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 4:29 am
Arnica (sometimes retailed as Arnicare) is wonderful. Apply it as often as you can (once an hour if possible) to the bruise and it helps to reduce swelling and drastically takes away the bruise. I used it on my DD who fell a similar height as OP's daughter onto a hard floor and the bruising was gone completely in 3 days.

Arnica is a natural product - no harmful steroids.

I really really recommend it - a vital addition to any first aid kit or medicine cabinet

Wish your DD a big refuah sheleima

geemum

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 4:29 am
Arnica (sometimes retailed as Arnicare) is wonderful. Apply it as often as you can (once an hour if possible) to the bruise and it helps to reduce swelling and drastically takes away the bruise. I used it on my DD who fell a similar height as OP's daughter onto a hard floor and the bruising was gone completely in 3 days.

Arnica is a natural product - no harmful steroids.

I really really recommend it - a vital addition to any first aid kit or medicine cabinet

Wish your DD a big refuah sheleima

fiddle

Post Mon, Jun 15 2009, 5:49 am
this happened on february 25, dont know who bumped it up. my dd is fine thank God.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics