Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Regular bumper, breathable bumper, no bumper?

bbmom

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 4:58 pm
Any opinions on crib bumpers?

Kugel lover

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 3:04 pm
My baby's dr. said that they're dangerous and that we shouldn't get one.

zigi

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 3:13 pm
I don't use a bumper. in the begining it was fine but now that ds is more mobile he sometimes gets his leg stuck through the slat. also when they get older they can use it to climb.

morkush

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 2:10 am
They are dangerous... Why risk it??

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 2:32 am
we put a bumper around the slats of the crib BECAUSE we stayed somewhere once where there was no bumper and my daughter got her hand stuck and screamed. I am sure she was frightened and scrared as to what exactly happened.
interesting, I had never heard that it was dangerous to have one, I always heard that it was dangerous not to.

geemum

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 2:47 am
No bumper. although I did sometimes put one of those fold-up books with red, black and white pictures down one side for the baby to look at (mostly during the day).

bbmom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 8:12 am
I realize that bumpers are not recommended these days because they are considered dangerous but she keeps getting her hands and feet stuck between the slats and she moves around a lot and keeps banging her head.

Does anyone have experience with a breathable bumper? Is it as safe as they claim it to be?

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 9:22 am
We bought a mesh bumper when my older one was a baby because hse kept rolling over and getting a leg out of the crib and then screaming. The only problem we've had is that it sometimes gets stuck when you lower or raise the side of the crib.

bbmom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 1:15 pm
My crib is has fixed sides (no drop side) so that wouldn't be a problem I guess.

jemappelle

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 9:11 pm
I have used the breathable bumper for two children so far and have been pleased. it gives the benefits of a bumper without the dangers. doesnt make the crib look like those gorgeous nursery pictures but safety must come before aesthetics!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries