Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Afternoons at home + chores

ABC

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 4:19 am

Last edited by ABC on Wed, Jul 28 2010, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

drumjj

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 5:10 am
I do chores when my kids are home if I dont have time in the morning. I think its also good for kids to learn to spend a bit of time alone and to be by themselves so you dont have to entertain them all the time.

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 8:51 am
ABC that's a good question.I feel myself racing against time,to get things finished before toddler gets home,and while baby is asleep.
this is what I do
after dropping her off at gan(across the hall LOL )I put in a load of laundry,hang wet on line.
then I start on preparing lunch,AND dinner.by chopping everything,when she comes home she can help me scoop and put in pan(the dinner stuff).I also have a backyard that I can see her from,that she goes out to" talk" to the kids on either side(chance to check laundry online and take in what's dry).
as I walk thru the apt,I have baskets everywhere that I throw things in(basket for toys,clothes,and an anything basket,and every time I have to visit certain rooms I drop the basket in there(so when she is home from gan,we go to her room to "play"and I put stuff away then,the chocka basket I do when she is in the bed for the night).I also fold the laundry that was on the line all day.save ironing for different morning or night.

I'm not sure if it helps but that's what I do,and thank G-d I still have her take a nap in the afternoons,I sometimes nap also but thursday I don't.
I dont get as much opportunity to be on imamother but when I do....its bliss Very Happy

pinkbubbles

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 9:39 am
There is nothing wrong with doing your chores while checking on your kids every once in a while and making sure they're not bored. It depends on each child how much attention you need to give. You can include them in helping with chores depending on ages. Even if its not really helping Wink

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jun 18 2009, 11:11 am
I involve my 3 yr old in the chores. he helps me sort laundry, unpack grocery orders, watch/help me wth cooking etc.or I let him play nearby while I work. You dont have to play with your kids all afternoon; they have to leanr to play on their own too.

kiddo

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 10:45 pm
it's very hard balancing playing with the kids and doing chores, but there is nothing wrong with doing them while your kids are home. When I had my second baby I went crazy playing with the older one a whole day but then I learnt that no, she could play on her own and watch me do my work and of course we can't just ignore them but no we can't handicap them by playing all afternoon with them it's not right for them!
and of course not for us either!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 10:47 pm
The first hour my kids come home, I talk and play with them. Then I prepare dinner or whatever and they learn to occupy themselves. I'm still around them so they can talk to me or help me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers