Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Suddenly afraid of the bath???

mue2

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 3:10 pm
I have a 22month old who has always loved the batyh always loved playing in it and never wanted to come out. all of a sudden he is sooo scared of the bath he screams hysterically when we put him in and climbs straight out he stays as far away from the plug as possible. and just jumps out the bath.

what can I do? obviously he needs to be bathed....

Frumom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 2:16 pm
The same thing happened to my son. He loved the bath and one day just started to scream when we put him in, wouldn't sit etc. It seemed to me that it was just a passing stage. He outgrew it after a few weeks. During that time I just made sure to give quick baths.
Hope he gets over it soon.

beilariva

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 2:41 pm
Same here! I just showered him in a big plastic bucket inside the tub till he got over it. I heard the explanation that they fear the water going out somehow. I never saw that he actually was afraid of the drain but he was more comfortable being in the bucket without one.

Rodent

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 4:31 pm
My 22 month old is the same but has been for months now (maybe 6?), it's not passing. He's even worse in the shower. He freaks out when stripped naked because he knows what is coming. We bathe him standing up (and clutching onto our clothes screaming). No advice, just empathy.

csb

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 11:59 pm
this happened to me and it was an ear infection. When the water got in DD ears it hurt her so she was scared to bathe. maybe check that out...

im here!

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 10:36 am
I was just going to write the same post!!! Im going nuts. I never left him in the bath long. Lately he started complaining that he has a booboo on his foot. And now he refuses to bath at all!!!!!

Hoping someone will help us all out here!

bubby

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 10:59 am
All my kids & grandchildren went/go through this. I dunno, it seems more kids than not have this phase. Have you tried my old pal Google? Or one of these child psychologists' books from people like Dr. Laurence Boulter (sp?)?

Good luck (SIGH!!) It ain't easy. BTDT. Wait till potty training Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics