Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Puff pastry issues!!

katb

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 1:40 am
Ok so I have one of those large rolls of puff pastry. I need to make Deli roll for R'H which is fine, but if I deforst the puff pastry, can I then re-freeze it without cooking it? I think the answer is no, so then I thought I'll make a salmon en croute for next shabbat, but presumably if I make it I can't freeze it as the puff pastry will go soggy. Is this correct? Any suggestions?

sunny90

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 1:57 am
I find that when I defrost a roll of puff pastry, the outside will obviously defrost much quicker. Just let the outside layer or two defrost, cut that out and use it for the deli roll, and the inside should still be half frozen in which case you can just stick it back in the freezer!
As for the salmon en croute, I don't know if you think it will be soggy because of the salmon or not, but I've made deli roll before and kept it uncooked in the freezer and baked it as normal and it was perfectly fine and not soggy at all! Maybe just don't bake it.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 6:57 am
not a problem at all. defrost, prepare, freeze again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics