Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Pidyon haben after miscarriage

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 11:59 am
Is it ever possible to have a pidyon haben after a miscarraige?

1stimer

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 12:02 pm
Depends how early on the miscarriage was. Ask a Rav.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 12:41 pm
its not for me. I'm just curious if anyone has ever had this. and if its possible.

dont tell me to stay out of other people's buisness, but I was once very sure that someone I knew was pregnant and didnt hear anything and then she didnt look pregnant anymore. later she had a boy and had a pidyon haben and I'm wondering if its possible she did have a miscarriage and it was early enough that she was able to have the pidyon haben anyway.

1stimer

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 12:43 pm
Yes it is possible. If the miscarriage is before a certain stage then a pidyan haben can still be made.

Quote:
dont tell me to stay out of other people's buisness

fine I won't Wink

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Jan 28 2006, 10:09 pm
I believe that if there is no "tzura" - I.e. you didnt have an ultrasound with a form visible and when the miscarriage happeend it didnt look like a baby then a pidyon is possble. You HAVE to ask your rav.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:
Is it ever possible to have a pidyon haben after a miscarraige?

Yes, it is possibble. I had a pidyon for my son after an early Miscarriage. It has to be discussed with a rav who can determine all the details for you.

princessmommy

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 12:31 pm
I had an early ectopic pregnancy before I had my first son. We had a pidyon haben- our rav said that because the first pregnancy was less than 40 days, it was ok.

raizy

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 7:54 pm
prinessmommy u are bang on right. less then 40 days the u can have a pidioyon heben.

now why do u need to ask a rav for that . why cant we ladies give her the answers halachah... do u think that we are making everything up?like a certain lady told us ......

amother

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 7:18 am
well I had a couple of m/c b4 DS was born an cudnt have a Pidyon Haben and it got so awkward answering people who were asking 'whens the Pidyon Haben?'

amother

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 11:34 am
I had a m/c before I had my first and we assumed that we shouldn't have a pidyon. Well never assume anything. My husband mentioned it to his rav later who thought we might need to make a pidyon and had someone go ask Rav Elyashuv who told us to make one. He said if it was before the 3rd month! We hastely put together a pidyon and seuda for that evening for our 9 mos. old son. Try explaining that one embarrassed

chen

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 12:12 pm
amother wrote:
its not for me. I'm just curious if anyone has ever had this. and if its possible.

dont tell me to stay out of other people's buisness, but I was once very sure that someone I knew was pregnant and didnt hear anything and then she didnt look pregnant anymore. later she had a boy and had a pidyon haben and I'm wondering if its possible she did have a miscarriage and it was early enough that she was able to have the pidyon haben anyway.

Frankly, my dear...you said it yourself. MYOB.

mali

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 12:49 pm
I think there's a difference, though, concerning the brocha. In some cases after a miscarriage, you make a Pidyon Haben, but without a brocha.

preggymama

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 1:07 pm
I had a miscarriage after 12 weeks and the rav said if the miscarriage is after 40 days you don't do a pidyan haben. I don't think it's that embarrassing - I mean who is really paying attention? I know I don't keep track of everyone who has a first baby boy if there is a pidyan haben 30 days later. And anyway, what is embarrassing about a miscarriage? yes, it is a private thing and I don't go around telling the world I miscarried but its not embarrassing, if people figure it out - WHO CARES?

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 1:14 pm
raizy wrote:
prinessmommy u are bang on right. less then 40 days the u can have a pidioyon heben.

now why do u need to ask a rav for that . why cant we ladies give her the answers halachah... do u think that we are making everything up?like a certain lady told us ......

Raizy the issue is not as cut and dried as that, My miscarrige was past 40 days yet my son STILL had a pidyon Haben. You cannot just answer the question without any real knowlege of the exact situation. A rav will take many issues into account when it comes to things like this. (BTW, I am one of the people who think the answer "ask a rav" is way overused on this website, but there are times when one must ask!)

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 6:56 pm
my husband is a "safek b'chor". His mother had a miscarriage before he was born (during a "safek" time, I guess) and a rov said he needed to have a pidyon without a brocha.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 7:41 pm
how bout if you have a boy naturally after you already have another child via C-section?
can the second child ever be the real bachor?

chavamom

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:
how bout if you have a boy naturally after you already have another child via C-section?
can the second child ever be the real bachor?

Nope!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions