Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Bird Flu!!

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 8:11 am
So have we got anything to be worried about? Bird Flu is spreading all over the world. It is spreeding like fire throughout Israel and the Middle East, Asia and in Europe. Do you think your governments are ready for it? At the moment the officials are worried about it passing onto humans if so is your government ready for it? Do they have plenty of vacinnations available? Here in the UK they say they are, yeah right hospitals are closing down, there is a massive cash flow problem (we do not have to pay health insurance we have a free NHS) Every year when normal flu strikes our hospitals can not cope so how will they be able to cope with the deadly bird flu? Do any other countries have the same problem?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 8:25 am
I heard that Israel will not have enough chicken for YomTov because a large number were destroyed for testing positive for bird flu. There is some speculation that those that died of bird flu caught it directly from sickened birds and that the disease would not be as severe if caught from another human. Because vaccines are made from eggs, and the chickens are in danger, making vaccines could be slowed. From a Jewish perspective, mankind is always at the mercy of Hashem (as we have seen from other natural disasters) and although we must do whatever we can physically, we must also do whatever we can b'ruchnius.

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 9:34 am
Quote:
So have we got anything to be worried about?

Yes if we look at the news Exclamation but if we have bitachon and believe Hashem runs this world then why worry if we are supposed to live despite it good and if not then hahsem knows what He is doing. There is nothing you or I can do anything about it. Except pray and If we have to daven harder why not daven for Moshiach and that would solve all our problems once and for all Wink

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 9:36 am
Amen we need Moshiach Now!!!

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:02 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I heard that Israel will not have enough chicken for YomTov because a large number were destroyed for testing positive for bird flu.

The price has increased incredibly this week which is very hard for families, especially kolel families, since it really is a staple here and yomtov is coming up. We have to trust in Hashem but we also see how He can change situations in a moment.

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:12 pm
[quote="mummyof6"][quote="southernbubby"]I heard that Israel will not have enough chicken for YomTov because a large number were destroyed for testing positive for bird flu. [/quote]

The price has increased incredibly this week which is very hard for families, especially kolel families, since it really is a staple here and yomtov is coming up. We have to trust in Hashem but we also see how He can change situations in a moment.[/quote]

Not good, is turkeys effected by bird flu because that is also the staple diet of Israel isn't it. If you remember back about 5 years here in the UK we had the BSE crisis where thousands and thousands of cows were killed. The price of beef escelated out of this world. We had meat coming in from Argentina. the prices where mad. Especially when kosher meat here is crazy at the best of times. Remember here in the UK food is about twice as expensive as the food in the US and Israel. As I said before Moshiach is coming so we will not have to worry about food for Peseach.

deedee

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:13 pm
Quote:
Last week, Retroscreen Virology, a leading British medical research institute associated to Queen Mary College, University of London, announced that Sambucol was at least 99% effective against the avian flu virus, H5N1, and in cell cultures significantly neutralized the infectivity of the virus, taken from a strain isolated in Turkey

http://www.jfsatx.org/content_.....73717

Yael

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:14 pm
thats why I stocked my freezer full of chicken for future use.

deedee

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:24 pm
kosher for pesach chicken? Wink

Blossom

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 4:20 pm
I think it's yet another sign of the coming of Moshiach Smile .
Of course we have to do everything we can meaning protecting ourselves with the precautions that the governments are giving out. But if we trust in Hashem there is nothing to worry about.
Hashem protects those who trust in him. V'ani Evtach Boch!!!

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 4:32 pm
Yael according to this bird flu thingy it's not only the chicken you have to worry about but their eggs too. Confused

mali

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 4:03 am
the bird flew

PinkandYellow

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 4:12 am
But when cooking for large amts, like on pesach, isn't beef/meat cheaper bec it's only one/two slice per person and chicken is like one piece per person?
(excuse me my ingnorance in these matters)

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 9:46 am
I don't know about cheaper, but I'm going to try more meat this Pesach iyh. There's a good Pesach recipe for veg. meat patties in the Jewish woman's section of Chabad.org, from Nechama Greisman a"h.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 7:44 pm
And it's in the UK now too!

3Qts

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 8:46 pm
I read about the bird flu in the Mashpacha magazine. The interviewed someone that had to kill 50,000 of his chickens. He said that the price will only go up after yom tov as the chickens for pesach is from before.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics