Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Tragic Accident on the 17

lucky

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 12:19 pm
Just found out of tragic fatal accident on 17 going to the mountains. How much can we take? Peoples lives turned upside down in the blink of an eye. All heimishe chasidishe people, identified at first by the name on their tfillin.

gryp

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 12:21 pm
shock
what happened?

lucky

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 12:27 pm
Don't know too much details yet. Info so far 2 men 1 woman, possibly a baby, not sure yet since car is in such terrible condition. I know they have called chesed shel emes for help. The local chevra kdisha was called as soon as hatzola arrived to the scene.

Can u imagine the traffic going to the mountains on friday afternoon. A call just came in for volunteers to go out to the closest exit and try to help people find alternate routes/ to get home before shabbos.

proudmom

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 12:28 pm
shock how terrible

Mommy912

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 12:45 pm
I heard that it was 2 men a women and a baby on their way to Satmar in the country. A tractor trailer turned over on the car. I heard that there were no survivors Crying The whole 17 is backed up and ppl are using alternate routes which are also backing up. Hopefully everyone will make it before Shabboss as it is still early.

baby's mom

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 1:36 pm
OMG that is so terrible!

Mommy912

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 2:42 pm
Now I heard that it was a young couple married 6 months and there was no baby, just a car seat and diapers and ppl thought there was.

AbosolutelyMine

Post Sat, Jul 16 2005, 8:44 pm
I was coming from the city to spend Shabbos in the Catskills on Friday afternoon. As I hit route 17 it was majorly clogged up because of the terrible accident R"L. Route 17 was closed from exit 130-128 and all the alternate routes were clogged. The traffic was bumper to bumper! I left the city at 10 am and was at exit 130 until 7:30 pm! I met up with a bunch of Jewish families/couples/men etc. and we already planned to spend Shabbos in a Motel or Hotel. B"H at exactly 7:30 pm Route 17 was re-open and I made it just 2 minutes before Licht Benching!
I'm sure there were people who were stuck somewhere for Shabbos because it takes more than an hour from Woodbury Commons (exit 130) to reach the bungalow colony areas. I miraculously made it (hit the pedal to the metal) but I wonder about the other people on the highway...

lucky

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 6:18 am
Many people did not make it to the catzkills. My brothers bwere lucky since they grew up in the area they know the back roads and they made it for shabbos. I passed the 17 at about 1 hour before shabbos it was a parking lot. I think many people were in unexpected places for the weekend.

Motek

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 10:35 am
please see this thread for practical advice:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....9715e

estherg

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 11:09 am
in another jewish forum somebody mentioned this

http://www.upoc.com/group.jsp?group=vosiznies

where you can get heimishe news directly to your cell phone

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 10:57 am
so what did happen at the end. who was in the car?

1stimer

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:34 am
Apparantly it was a father of 3 girls, and a couple married for 2 years. tragic.

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:17 pm
oh my that is soo sad. Crying

hardwrknmom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 2:58 pm
Weisz was a father of 4 and the young couple-Tenembaum- (both under 25) were just married for 7 months. May they rest in peace.

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:48 pm
were are they from? brooklyn?

lucky

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 7:53 am
Williamsburg. I know the young woman who stayed an almanah. She was THE most popular kid in camp.

smile

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 12:16 pm
We should only hear Simches

ektsm

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 8:47 pm
Unfortunatly something like this always happen in teh country.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 10:00 pm
FUnny you should bump it up now!....

The almanah's sister is a close friend of mine. She is still very sad, understandably. What a sad Pesach they will have.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics