Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Rude!only one bed in guestroom!
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:58 am
Does your mom know you sleep in 2 beds at home? If she does, then just tell her you and dh are used to 2 beds, so you sleep better that way and are more comfortable. Tell her you'll buy your own cot or air bed and ask if you can just leave it there. No need to make her feel bad or even get into any niddah issues. Who knows? She may even make the purchase herself!

punktfarkert

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 11:04 am
aishestc wrote:
At least in frum crowds, it does sometimes become quite obvious to see a couple awkwardly trying not to hand each other keys or especially a baby, etc., but we don't bend halacha just because people might know you are nidda.

That's why, as Rodent said, many couples observe harchakos at all times in public

levial

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 11:29 am
This happened to me and I just roll with it. .. I bought a decent inflatable mattress (one that has a built in pump and inflates quickly) and said that DH's back was killing him and that he's done well on an air mattress since you can adjust the firmness and we're looking into a sleep number bed...and that was that. As others have said, it always was inflated when we were guests so there was never a question. (And if anyone asks later, you just say "it's an investment those sleep number beds...we'll hae to save)

amother

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 11:52 am
your lucky. at least it is YOUR parents. That happened to me at my inlaws 2 months after I got married and my FIL knows the halachos and still put us together. he said to me in PUBLIC if you need me to put up a mechitzah between you guys just let me know. and he started taking out a big wooden board and making a whole show of it. I looked at him like he was crazy so instead he handed me a stuffed camel and said we should use that as a mechitzah instead. Mind you that this was in front of everyone. Now I refuse to go there unless my DH takes care of the problem....he still hasnt and we still havent gone.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics