Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
How unreasonable was I?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 2:31 pm
My 11 yo dd had a surprise b-day party for a girl in her class today. It was after school in the girls house or someone else's, I don't know. Each girl was asked/told to bring something, foodwise, to the party. The mother with a few of the girls close friends decided to make the party. Probably the girls are really the ones who wanted to, but the mother helped and the girls didn't want to spend money on the food. Just as a side note, the girls grandfather owns a large kosher supermarket. My dd brought something for the party, but I didn't want to send a present. My kids get invited to so many b-day parties during the year and I didn't have anything in the house anyway. It's not like the girl was expecting anything because it was a surprise. I know that I'm having a very lousy attitude about it, but am I being completely unreasonable? Be honest embarrassed !!!!

Raizle

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 2:38 pm
I think that's fair enough.
I think it's kind of weird to be asked to bring food to her house for the party that her mother is hosting no matter whose idea it was, the mother or the friends, but that's just MHO
What sort of community do you live in, can you trust the Kashrus of all the girls?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 2:42 pm
Yeah, I can trust the kashrus and even if I can't, I'm positive the mother wouldn't serve anything that's not allowed. Nobody is bringing anything homemade. They went straight from school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette