Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My poor little guy

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 1:04 pm
Pesach doesn't seem to be agreeing with poor ds very well. He just wants his oatmeal and has been begging for it every day since erev yom tov. He wants no part of any cooked foods, meat, chicken, soup or whatever, and by now he's even refusing to eat any more eggs, which are usually one of his favorite foods. To top it all off, he's had diarrhea since the first day and we can't get him to eat any matza, bananas, applesauce, or potatoes to help make it better. He's been subsisting entirely on dairy products and the occasional ladyfinger, which is not doing his tummy any good. He's so picky and now that the selection of available foods is severely limited, he'd rather starve and be ravenous and cranky than eat something he doesn't want. Oy vey.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 1:37 pm
Call the Rav. He may tell you to go out and buy some stuff for your little guy that you wouldn't normally buy for Pesach.
Hugs to your little one!

MrsMom

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 1:47 pm
my 18 month old is fed up too. we are living on fruit, leben and cheese blintzes. she refuses cereal, and has had it with matza lasagna. she does like meat though so for yom tov meals its easier.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 2:19 pm
my 21 month old is living on chocolate.

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 2:49 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
my 21 month old is living on chocolate.

Yeah, he did that the first 4 days. He's usually such a chocoholic, but today I actually saw him pick up a piece of chocolate from the counter, look at it, then put it back down. I asked him if he wanted some, and he said no, for the first time in his life. He's had quite enough, thank you.

ShmeinaK

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 3:14 pm
I did see some imitation type oatmeal or farina type cereal in my local stop and shop. I don't think it was gebrochtz because I was thinking about getting and I don't eat gebrochtz....

My poor 19 month old is also missing normal food. He usually loves chicken, but not the pesach type (ie he loves my chometz bbq chicken). His stomach doesn't know if it should be constipated as usual, or go running..... and to top it all off, he threw up the water he drank this morning. So all he has had to eat since 4PM yesterday was one avocado!!! This feels like child abuse and I feel like crying for him Sad

Well, only a couple more days - hopefully his tummy will settle down and he'll eat some real food tonight first....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics