Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
BabyTrend Snap n Go vs. Graco SnugRider Frame

amother

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 6:56 pm
Seems that there are two main "snap n go" types out there: BabyTrend and Snugride. Anyone have experience with both? I borrowed one last time around, but want to buy one this time. Last time I know that mine didn't click in, and I was hoping to find one that did this time. Is there a third brand? Or does one of these click in? Don't remember which one I borrowed...

Any other pros or cons I should know about?

TIA!

chaylizi

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:07 pm
There is also Kolcraft.

Some people say that Graco carseats don't do as well in the universal car seat ones & do better with the snugrider. The Snugrider only works with Graco seats. The snugrider has an adjustable handlebar, but is annoying to get up steps. I don't know much about the other ones. All of them are kind of expensive- $60-80. I have seen them on Craigslist for $20-30. Maybe look there first.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:10 pm
Thanks, Chaylizi! Kolcraft is the one I had - not sure why it didn't come up when I searched. Now I remember...

So I didn't like it because it didn't snap in, and you needed to use this buckle thing to keep it in place (I had a very active little baby, so I really did need to use it). A pain because sometimes he would hold onto the buckle falling asleep, so I couldn't take him off the frame without waking him up...not fun.

We have a Graco Snugride. Does that mean I should get the Graco one? What does "don't do well" mean? They don't snap in? Or something else?

chaylizi

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:21 pm
That was what I meant about not doing well- it doesn't snap in.
The Graco definitely snaps into the Snugrider & it's a very good fit.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:35 pm
I have the maclaren one. Im very happy with it.

6coop

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 8:31 pm
I had the baby trend and now I have the Graco and I love, love, love it! It snaps right in and instead of a strap it has these two little tabs that you turn to secure it even better.

bbmom

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 7:13 am
I would go with the snugrider over the babytrend any day.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 7:37 am
I hate hate, HAte ,HATe ,HATE the snugrider,. Yes it snaps in, but it is also really hard to remove the carseat from the frame. It actually broke my carseat, (graco replaced the seat) Also the wheels stick and are too small to get up my front steps. The basket is huge, but completely inaccessible when the carseat is on.

I don't like the baby trend either, it has the same basket issue.

The kolcraft IMVHO is the best, it has a huge basket and the way its designed it is 100% accessible when the carseat is on. I love my kolcraft! I had a graco safeseat, and it was fine with it. I got rid of the safeseat though, because it was so heavy and I blew out my shoulder on it. Even with the strap, I liked it best.

mamommommy

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 8:00 am
Another vote for the Graco.

abismommy

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 9:16 am
mamommommy wrote:

...And another.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 9:39 am
abismommy wrote:
mamommommy wrote:

...And another.

OP here. Thank you so much for all of your advice! If you're "voting" for one of them, can you tell me why you like it so much? And if you have any experience with the others - and if so, which one? Do you disagree with what Mommy 3.5 said:

"Yes it snaps in, but it is also really hard to remove the carseat from the frame....Also the wheels stick and are too small to get up my front steps. The basket is huge, but completely inaccessible when the carseat is on. "

6coop

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 9:49 am
I "voted" for the Graco and I never have any problem with it. I've had it for my last two babies and I was able to take the seat off just as easily as I was able to put it in. I also had no problems wheeling it at all. I also don't really mind the basket situation. I can only put in smaller things in while the seat is on it, but it's better than my stroller basket when the seat is reclined.
I didn't like my baby trend because it was harder to attach the seat securely and it was bigger and heavier (although it was a much older model so the newer ones may work better and be smaller, I don't know.)
When I bought the Graco I chose it because I didn't want another baby trend and it was lighter than the Kolcraft.

mamommommy

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 10:21 am
amother wrote:
abismommy wrote:
mamommommy wrote:

...And another.

OP here. Thank you so much for all of your advice! If you're "voting" for one of them, can you tell me why you like it so much? And if you have any experience with the others - and if so, which one? Do you disagree with what Mommy 3.5 said:

"Yes it snaps in, but it is also really hard to remove the carseat from the frame....Also the wheels stick and are too small to get up my front steps. The basket is huge, but completely inaccessible when the carseat is on. "

I have no problems with my Graco frame at all. The seat goes on and off without any problems. My wheels don't stick but they are small, so you can't expect it to handle tough terrain. I almost never have to deal with a lot of steps, so I don't really know about that. I don't mind the basket either.

abismommy

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 12:21 pm
I kad the original snap 'n go when it 1st came out about 10 years ago (which broke after a few years), and bought a new one for my youngest a few months ago. I never had a problem getting the seat out, occasionally I don't place the seat right (laziness) and it doesn't click in right away, but I think I just need to look more carefully at the placement of the carseat on the snugrider. I LOVE the one-hand fold and the hooks that hold the carseat down tight - nothing to buckle.
To solve the basket issue, which, frankly, wasn't such a big deal for me, I bought these stroller hooks in a store before pesach. They're pretty strong and can hold a bunch of bags.
It IS sometimes a pain to get it up and down steps, as the brake gets stuck on the step. I don't do much step walking with the stroller, so that wasn't an issue for me. This is my in-the-car stroller, so I'm pretty much doing "flat" errands with the baby.
Hope this helps!

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 1:41 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
I hate hate, HAte ,HATe ,HATE the snugrider,. Yes it snaps in, but it is also really hard to remove the carseat from the frame. It actually broke my carseat, (graco replaced the seat) Also the wheels stick and are too small to get up my front steps. The basket is huge, but completely inaccessible when the carseat is on.

I think yours must have been defective. I have never heard of that happening.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 8:07 pm
chaylizi wrote:
Mommy3.5 wrote:

I think yours must have been defective. I have never heard of that happening.

I know others who had similar experience with it. I also found that the way the brakes were situated, when I walked I hit them and then could not wheel it. I had it for a month before I got rid of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics