Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Have you heard of this site?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 8:59 am
I just received an email (I think that it is just spam, but it got into my inbox so I want to be sure) from a site called workathomewithmykids dot com.

has anyone ever heard of this site? ever worked with this site?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 10:52 am
bump

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 1:42 pm
I wonder how they got your email--- are they just randomly emailing people all over the place?

looking at the website it looks like just another cover for one of the melaleuca teams. why they can't just come out and SAY they're selling the opportunity to buy melaleuca is beyond me. I'm a very happy melaleuca customer but out of everyone I know "working" it, I only know one person making a real income from it. You have to be pretty high up to make decent $$.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 1:46 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
I wonder how they got your email--- are they just randomly emailing people all over the place?

looking at the website it looks like just another cover for one of the melaleuca teams. why they can't just come out and SAY they're selling the opportunity to buy melaleuca is beyond me. I'm a very happy melaleuca customer but out of everyone I know "working" it, I only know one person making a real income from it. You have to be pretty high up to make decent $$.
I dont know what melaleuca is, but if you are talking about one of those pyramid schemes then yes, that is also what I thought when I went to the sight. it was saying that you can make tons of money but not saying what you have to do and that is how all of those pyramid schemes are.

Mrs.K

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 1:54 pm
Just for the record, my brother in law does Melaluca and may I just say that to say he's 'making an income' off it is a wild understatement. B"H they are raking it in immensely.

I have no idea what they sell, who they are, and I don't use their products, nor has he ever tried to sell me any, but whenever I hear people talk about "Pyramid schemes" in general, and Melaluca in particular, I always make sure to say that for some it works out very well.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 2:05 pm
Melaleuca is definitely not a pyramid scheme. but your brother in law is one of the lucky few. Those who do well do VERY well (my friend Barbara does about $5000 a month) but those who aren't at the top make pennies.

Mrs.K

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 2:10 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
Melaleuca is definitely not a pyramid scheme. but your brother in law is one of the lucky few. Those who do well do VERY well (my friend Barbara does about $5000 a month) but those who aren't at the top make pennies.

I agree. My brother in law makes roughly $20,000 a month. Yes, that was read correctly.

I agree with you, he is a rarity. He also is very very dedicated, a firm believe in the products, and works all day and night, as opposed to someone who works the job for extra spending money. I just feel a need to legitimize it when I hear people dismiss it because I feel that some people may dismiss an opportunity, with any company, with no knowledge of the possibilities.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 2:18 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
if it is not a pyramid scheme, then can you please say, what is it?

Mrs.K

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 2:22 pm
I don't know much about it, I only know he sells the products. I guess it's just selling, not 'pyramiding'.

When I heard and saw how much he was making I asked if he can get me involved but he explained why it was a problem to do from Israel, so there when that idea.

I really don't know anything about it or the products other then when we were there for pesach and I went into the bathroom the air freshener and soap smelled very yummy. That's the extent of my experience.

ysydmom

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 3:07 pm
I do Melaleuca in the beggining I was making lots of $. Then I had to stop for a personal reason and couldn't pick it up again with same enthusasim. However, I do get a check every month and I do share the information about Melaleuca with those that approach me. It is residual income. It is really easy to do from home especially if you aren't doing anything anyway from home. You can't loose money, there is no crazy investment needed. It is quite simple.

If you want more info then PM me. I will explain to you exactly how it works and then you can decide for yourself if it's something you want to do I don't pressure anyone either. If it's for you then great if not it's okay.

Best of luck.

kalsee

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 2:53 am
If this can't be sold in Israel , how can shabbatiscoming do it?
Just wondering.

Mrs.K

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 2:59 am
Since it's online, anyone all over the world can technically sell it to customers in America.

The problem was, in short, that since they don't ship to Israel, the sellers in Israel weren't using the products themselves, and in order to really go for it, you have to be very passionate about the products. People with years of experience were not doing well because they lacked that enthusiasm simply because they weren't using all the products in their own home on a daily basis and it showed.

mom8

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 3:05 am
malaleuca is not a pyramid. It is an MLM.
You can make money with MLM.
It's a business.
There are some MLM companies who do ship to Israel.
I am personally involved with one of them.
You can pm me if you'd like to hear about my company .

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:56 am
mom8 wrote:
malaleuca is not a pyramid. It is an MLM.
You can make money with MLM.
It's a business.
There are some MLM companies who do ship to Israel.
I am personally involved with one of them.
You can pm me if you'd like to hear about my company .
what is MLM?

mom8

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 5:01 am
MLM is multi level marketing.
There are many MLM successful businesses
like Tupperware, Shaklee, Nuskin, Herbalife, Forever,
Sunrider, The Pampered Chef and more.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 5:12 am
mom8 wrote:
MLM is multi level marketing.
There are many MLM successful businesses
like Tupperware, Shaklee, Nuskin, Herbalife, Forever,
Sunrider, The Pampered Chef and more.
ok, so how does this differ from pyramid? not to make me sound naive but I thought it was the same thing.

kalsee

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 5:28 am
Difference is what you call it.
pyramid - illegal.
MLM- ok.

JK. There are small letter differences in how it works in the contract.

YALT

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 6:50 am
if I'm not mistaken, the dif is:
pyramid is built like a pyramid. hthink of it like this: there are (for example 5 floors in a pyramid. Every floor has the same amount of money dispensed. But the top floor only has 1 person. That person makes all the money on that level. the next level has 3 ppl. so they make about 1/3 of what the guy on top is making. On the 3rd level, there are 10 guys. so they each make about 1/10 of what the guy on top makes.

with MLM, no matter what level you are, you make the same amount as the guy before you makes for a particular sale.

This explanation is prob. only helpful for those who know how these businesses work. But basically, every sale gives you a check. In a MLM, you and the person above you, and the person above you all make $7 on today's sale. In a pyramid, the lower person (who actually made the sale) will get $20, and the person who brought him into the company will make $10 and the person who brought him in will make $5.
Obviously these numbers are just examples.

Someone just tried bringing us into melaleuca. The problem is, you need to spend about $60 a month to get the good prices. We don't use $60 a month usually. So although we can find what to buy, since there are sooo many products, in the end of the day we'll be spending more than we used to. Only worth it if we know that we'll be raking it in.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 7:50 am
kalsee wrote:
If this can't be sold in Israel , how can shabbatiscoming do it?
Just wondering.
its ok, this type of job, pyramid or MLM is NOT for me, at all. I once went to an interview for a job that did not say anything (just like this site did not) about what they were about and it turned out to be herbalife. they kept on going around what they actually did, they kept on talking about how much money one could make, but they never actually told me what I would be doing. it was very weird.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers