Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me with the end

amother

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 6:02 pm
I have lost a very significant amount of weight over the past year. I am not overweight anymore and in a good range for my height. I look amazing (if I may say so myself). I get compliments left and right and I am smaller than I was in HS. The only problem is, is that I am afraid of gaining it back. All my hard work out the door. My nutritionist says that in order to prevent that from happening, I need to lose another 15 pounds, to get my body to its ideal weight, and to make my metabolism work the most efficiently it can. I guess because of how good I feel, it's so much harder for me to get those last 15 pounds off. Tell me, are the last pounds the hardest normally? If anyone else has experience, can you tell me if the weight came off slower because you were a good weight already? It's taken me about 4 weeks to get 3 pounds off, where normally I was losing 2 pounds a week. I've lost so much already, and come so far, but I just feel stuck now. Please motivate me and give me inspiration to continue.

louche

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 7:25 pm
1. The last lbs. are always the hardest and come off the slowest. All other things being equal, the more you have to lose, the faster you lose; the less you have to lose, the slower you lose.

2. people do plateau at various stages as the body adjusts to its new state. you can try to kick yourself off a plateau by changing your workout routine or kicking your exercise up just a notch but it could take some time. patience is a virtue.

3. however, you say you look amazing, are slimmer thanyou were inHS, and are in a good range for your height. If so, I am very suspicious of your nutritionist telling you to lose another 15 lbs. I think that's a crock, quite frankly--it's not necessary and it may not even be possible for you, but in any case you should not be trying it now. Your body needs to adjust to its present state Do you pay the nutritionist by the week or buy special foods or supplements from him/her? Maybe s/he wants to keep you as a customer longer. At this stage s/he should be helping you transition to a maintenance plan in which you gradually add more food each week until you see a weight gain. Then you go back to the intake level of the week before you gained. You fine-tune your intake and activity over a number of weeks till you have a good idea of how much you can eat and maintain. then, if you gain a lb. or 2 one week, you go back on the reducing plan till you take off that pound or 2.

groisamomma

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 9:31 pm
I agree that something smells funny about the nutritionist.

I also lost a lot of weight over the past year or so, and I'm having a murder time with the remaining ten pounds. I just began Pilates in the gym; it's excruciating, but I hope it'll propel my body to lose the ten lbs. left!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 7:08 am
I don't like that at all. Make sure you have it right.

devoh

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 8:40 am
the last lbs are the hardest. Keep it up you will do it. I did

amother

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 7:42 pm
Hi, OP here. My nutritionist has a system where she tells you your weight goal at the beginning of the program, and that is the ideal weight for your body height. It's on a BMI chart. Nothing fishy. When you reach that goal, you get 6 months free of stabilization and maintenance. She is not trying to steal money from me. I just need motivation to keep going. Thanks for your concern.

gymcraze

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 8:49 pm
The last 10-15 pounds are the hardest to lose. There's a book called "Making the cut" by Jillian Michaels. It's specifically for people who are not overweight, but trying to lose those last stubborn pounds.

amother

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 6:14 pm
Thanks gymcraze, I love Jillian, I will try to get it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise