Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Wax dripped all over my leichters:(

happy chick

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 7:50 am
any good tricks to getting off? I dont want to use hot water in the sink cause I'm afraid it will stuff the drain pipes

fiddle

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 8:05 am
take boiling water in a bowl and put the in the bowl, they will float to the top and you can throw them out and spill out the water. or you can use a drain cover to catch the wax.

louche

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 8:16 am
Boiling water is best, but if you don't like that method, put the leichter in the freezer for an hour, then chip off the wax with the edge of a flexible plastic card like an old plastic ID card. Wipe off any residue with a soft rag.

Ladies, don't throw out those fake credit cards you get in the mail, or outdated frequent-shopper cards. They are phenomenal for many household uses. They'll save your fingernails if you like picking off blobs of wax or peeling labels off jars. They make a great spatula for collecting and transferring to the trash all the little shreds of food debris that collect in your sink, and they make excellent scrapers for removing burned-on gunk from nonstick cookware or even regular cookware. They will also remove every last bit of yucky residue from your kitchen table if you first spray the surface with water, let it sit for 5 minutes or so, then run the edge of the card all along the table top like a lawn mower. Wipe the card on a rag after every stroke, then wipe down the whole table with a damp clean cloth. That's it! No more icky invisible residue.

exhausted

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 8:24 am
Great suggestions for those outdated credit cards!! Maybe I can finally get that manicure I always wanted but didnt have the nails for LOL

TehillaHadassah

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:43 pm
I looked this one up on google a while ago. Try a hair dryer to heat the wax and wipe off with a napkin or paper towel.

Cookie Monster

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:49 pm
I second Lacys Advice. I do it all the time and it really works! Just wipe it off right away before it has a chance to dry up again.

OldYoung

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:53 pm
I third the blowdryer! Wipe it off right away with a paper towel. Works like a charm!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry