Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
Trying to celebrate Hebrew Bday over English
Previous  1  2

leomom

Post Sat, Jul 03 2010, 11:01 pm
Peanut2 wrote:
I've celebrated both my whole life. Different sides of the family had an easier time remembering different birth dates. It's great, and like someone else said, you can even celebrate a "chol hamoed birthday" between the Hebrew and secular dates. It's a birthday season!

Those are exactly the terms we use -- birthday chol hamoed and birthday season! By the end, we ask if the birthday person feels duly feted. Very Happy

mominisrael2

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 5:45 am
Everyone in Israel celebrates the Hebrew birthday but of course we were used to celebrating the English, so when we made aliyah we started celebrating both with equal enthusiasm -- the kids love having double special days (though this month, after celebrating DD1's Hebrew birthday at home, in school, in chug, on shabbat, English birthday, AND English birthday shabbat, I definitely felt like the Berenstain Bears' "Too Much Birthday"!!) Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries