Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you have seperate meat and milk burners?
Previous  1  2

Do you have seperate burners for meat and milk?
yes  
 21%  [ 26 ]
no  
 75%  [ 91 ]
no, we're vegetarian  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 121

small bean

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 11:00 am
I have one oven and stove top so no.. I use it for both...

Most ppl I know would use any stove top.. there's no reason for a stovetop to be kosher.. do you eat directly from the stove top or from the bottom of your pots????

the oven I also use for milk and meat.. I just preheat it...

curlytop

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 11:35 am
I have one cooktop.
I consider anything that falls in the cooktop Treif

aidelmaidel

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 2:58 pm
Sigh....

My understanding, *as I learned it*, in "Lubavitch", there are separate burners designated for meat and milk. In the Litvish world, a burner is a burner with no differentiation between them. Mind you I went to both Lubavtich and Litvish Yeshivas so I got both shitas. I started out Lubavitch and over the years my shita regarding burners changed.

I always kept my main oven fleishig. I generally had 2 or 3 burners (always gas) designated as meat and one or two designated as dairy. I always had a large dairy toaster oven/convection oven.

In our last apartment space was at a premium. I came to the point where I would cook parve items in my fleishig pots on my "dairy" burners". (I know, I'm going to burn in hell).

When we moved our new apartment has two stoves - one for meat and one small for dairy so I don't have this dilemma right now.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 8:32 pm
seeker wrote:
Just wondering... when milk and meat... became genders?! Smile
LOL, when ds was a toddler, we told his older sister (3 y.o.) that we're not going to bathe them together anymore and dd wasn't happy. We told her that it's like milchigs and fleishigs and we can't mix! LOL

#1mommy

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 9:08 pm
I can't wait to move to a house with a big kitchen to be able to have separate milk and meat gas and oven. No more wories every time was it used for meat last or is it pareve.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen