Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Fancy cakes for baking-challanged
Previous  1  2  3

cookielady

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 3:33 pm
I've said this before but it's worth reapeating. The silicone pans are lousy. No offense to those who like them.
I only use nordik wear bundt pans. They must be well sprayed with a flour/ oil spray. Lower the baking temp by 25 degrees. Increase baking time by 10-15 minutes.

I have never had a problem getting my cakes out neatly.
Good luck with your cakes!

lovemywig

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 3:36 pm
EZ Lemon Cake,
12 eggs seperated make a snow with the white
2 cups sugar add and then add the egg yokes
2 vanila sugar
half cup orange juice
half cup oil
2 cups flour

bake 20 minuts or see when ready on 350

Get 2 bakers choice lemon cream and 2 whip cream (whip the cream)

Cut the cake in half, put lemon cream on one and the onther one put whip and turn it over on the lemon cream (optional you can put dried coconut btwn the cream) then on top to lemon then whip and sprinkle with coconut. Its yummy, fast and ez.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 3:47 pm
I sprayed mine but thats it. It came out really nicely! I let it cool for ages first. Maybe the brand of the pan makes a difference? But even if its not perfect the icing should cover it Wink

Anyways, I just love bundt cakes. Even when sliced it just looks nicer than squares of cake.

In the kitchen

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 8:43 am
sky wrote:
I HATE my silicon bundt pan. I have never had a cake come out good yet.

Me too...cake came out terribly underbaked for me...
is there a rule we are supposed to change for it? time/temp etc.?

sky

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 8:59 am
In the kitchen wrote:
sky wrote:
I HATE my silicon bundt pan. I have never had a cake come out good yet.

Me too...cake came out terribly underbaked for me...
is there a rule we are supposed to change for it? time/temp etc.?

that is my problem. The middle is always raw, and then it burns when I try to fix it. After I threw out 3 cakes I gave up on the pan.

pinkbubbles

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 10:07 am
mine was perfect. I kept it in the oven on the middle rack (on a baking tray) and kept checking it with a long skewer. I think it took about 10 minutes longer.
I guess I got lucky with my bundt pan! I love it!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 10:24 am
Ok, guys, I thought of a simple, affordable, low fat, not time consuming recipe (if you have a stand mixer).

Meringues!

3 egg whites
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
optional customization: 8 oz chocolate chips, ground nuts, mint extract, food coloring

Beat egg whites till fluffy. Add in sugar slowly, beating until stiff. Add in vanilla and options (food coloring -- if you use this you can make a couple of batches of different colors and sell them with pink, blue, green, yellow, purple, whatever).
Bake in a hot oven turned off overnight (that's what I do; I turned it to 500 while beating the whites, and then put the meringues in and left them in the off oven while I slept. Ready this morning. No waiting for them to be ready or testing or forgetting and burning) OR you can bake them at 250 for 2 hours.

Hope this helps Smile

sky

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 11:02 am
Another no bake pretty idea is chocolate or candy covered apples, I think the choc ones are easier to do:

You can do it in mini, where you scoop the apple using a a melon baller. But it may only work with caramel. I'm not sure if the chocolate will seize when it touches the wet apple.
Like This:
http://familyfun.go.com/recipe.....8916/

chocolate covered banans on a stick:

I'm happy I don't have to be doing this, but I'm loving coming up with ideas.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen