Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Stomping out of the room

amother

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 6:16 pm
Is it teenage behavior when they don't like what's going on, to drop everything, give in, and stomp out of the room? My dd started doing this and I'm not sure if it's because of her age or because my mil does things like that. My mil acts like a child half the time Rolling Eyes Exploding anger .

amother

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:43 am
Definitely teenage behavior! Mine does this all the time, with the addition of slamming her bedroom door once she gets to her room. Plus all the random, crying drama over nothing that comes with it! Does she spend a lot of time with your mil? If she does and sees her doing this often, that its certainly contributing to it since she thinks it's the way adults act. Mostly, though, it's the age!

sneakermom

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:58 am
My nine year old does the dramatic exit. I secretly think it's cute. Maybe because she is still young and doesn't teenage really...it's just when she gets mad.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 10:10 am
Our 8 yr old dd does this every single Friday night! For some reason, there is always something that sets her off..she is a total drama queen anyway, but every Shabbos it's the same pattern as we sit down for the meal. She gets upset about something, stomps up the stairs after getting a bracha, stomps into her room (which is right above the dining room), and tells us all how much she hates being part of our family. Then, she listens to kiddush from the stairs, washes and sulks on the couch, eventually coming over for a piece of challah. We all just laugh now. Even she laughs at this point. She knows it's every single week. We are all just kind of like, "Here we go again!"

amother

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 12:10 pm
amother wrote:
Is it teenage behavior when they don't like what's going on, to drop everything, give in, and stomp out of the room? My dd started doing this and I'm not sure if it's because of her age or because my mil does things like that. My mil acts like a child half the time Rolling Eyes Exploding anger .

Is this also part of it, the bolded part?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children