Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Plain Truth (secular novel) - discuss
Previous  1  2

Mamish Mama

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 3:33 pm
Ummmm... this post needs a spoiler allert on it!!

I was about to recommend it for my bookclub then scrolled down a bit and well, we all know what happens now Rolling Eyes

Is it worth reading anyway or was the whole novel building up to this?

Seraph

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 4:03 pm
Its definitely worth reading. That was a surprise twist at the last or second to last page. Even if you don't read that last page, the ending is still complete and wrapped up. This was just a twist at the very end that gave you more food for thought.

This was one of my favorite books ever. I love Jodi Piccoult, own about 8 of her books and read more still. I notice she reuses some types of characters though...

Tova

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 4:30 pm
Mamish Mama wrote:

I was about to recommend it for my bookclub then scrolled down a bit and well, we all know what happens now Rolling Eyes

Oh-kay! I am the typical "Jewish-mother-always-feeling-guilt" stereotype. So the rule is, for the rest of the lifetime of this thread no one else is allowed to make me feel guilty about it. I would delete my post, but others reference to what happens after me.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 4:47 pm
[quote=]
Quote:

Oh-kay! I am the typical "Jewish-mother-always-feeling-guilt" stereotype. So the rule is, for the rest of the lifetime of this thread no one else is allowed to make me feel guilty about it. I would delete my post, but others reference to what happens after me.[/quote]

OK, I edited all my previous posts to not mention a) the spoiler and b) your name. If I was the only one, I'll be happy to delete them all.

And by the way, no big deal IMO. It should be the worst gaffe you ever make until 120 ;-)

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 5:01 pm
Tova I suggest you go back and write spoiler and /spoiler inside brackets [] on you rpost, and I'll do the same on mine.

Tova

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 5:09 pm
I removed because the tags didn't work for me.

artikidove

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 5:46 pm
In general I am not a big fan of Picoult but I really enjoyed her novel "second chance." I highly recommend it. my sisters keeper was alright although the movie was completely dumb.

pumpernickle

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 6:09 pm
I watched the Plain Truth movie. It's aaaaawesome! Just loved it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room