Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What do u think about this situation, interactive discussion
Previous  1  2  3

ora_43

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 4:12 pm
OP, maybe it's just me, but this "adding more details" thing is getting annoying. Please just give the entire scenario at once. Otherwise you're wasting everyone's time by asking them to respond without having all the information, then adding something that makes their responses irrelevant/incomplete.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 4:15 pm
If the baby looked well cared for, I'd think it's none of my business how this couple chooses to divide childcare time. There can be more than one good way. Maybe the father likes taking care of a baby and the mother doesn't so much? Is that an alarming situation?

Someone once asked me if I didn't think something was weird with a certain father bringing his infant on an overseas trip to visit family, while the mother stayed home because she didn't have vacation. from work I was asked, "Would you ever allow your dh to take your infant away from you on a plane?" Well, no, I would not (and not because I don't trust him but because I can't separate from my infant), but everyone isn't me.

MommyZ

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 4:16 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry about the delay, OP here.

Ok lets further this... What if the man was someone you knew, though not well. but you knew his wife was ok, mentally and physically. You knew she gets out and does things, and you have seen her out and about, but its always the husband who is with the baby. Not the mother. You see him bring the baby to pick up his other kids at school. You see him at the mall with the baby, you see him at the grocery store with the baby. Obviously this isn't a one time thing.

Would you feel differently about the mother/ father?

I would think, wow that's a really involved father. Can he give my husband parenting classes please? Wink

Before any nosy amothers who know dh's mother overreact, allow me to clarify. He is a wonderful, loving and affectionate father. I have never denied that. He's just not hands on like that other father is unless I force him to be.

Raisin

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 5:00 pm
if I always saw a father with the baby, and not the mother, I would probably assume that for some reason this baby is not breastfeeding, or only partly breastfeeding.

Maybe the mother is suffering from PPD (normal women get this too!) or some other condition and needs lots of extra help with the baby.

miki007

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 5:35 pm
Rather obvious, isn't it.
The 'dad' is a Russian spy. The verizon store in the mall is actually an undercover spot where the US military strategists meet, and the phony Dad is using the information to build a bomb to blow up the galaxy.
And of course the baby is not a real baby, I mean which male would voluntarily spend time with their child? The baby is actually a robot thta is a combined bomb and recording device.
The only responsible thing to do is to evacuate the mall and notify the FBI!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 6:13 pm
Miki I think you got it right.
Actually I hope you don't live near me, you don;t sound like the of person I would like to be in contact with. Unless this is some game.

miki007

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 6:24 pm
why? what did I do? Scratching Head
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics