Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
What should a guest room look like?
Previous  1  2  3

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 12:46 pm
What do you think?

We are changing around our guest room. It used to double as my husband's study/office. We moved his desk out and are replacing the hi-riser. It's not a large room. Are we better off with 2 - 33" beds and a little more floor space or 2 twin beds and a little squishier?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 12:49 pm
lkwdmommy wrote:
What do you think?

We are changing around our guest room. It used to double as my husband's study/office. We moved his desk out and are replacing the hi-riser. It's not a large room. Are we better off with 2 - 33" beds and a little more floor space or 2 twin beds and a little squishier?

Personally I'd go for the 39" beds and less floor space.

Another option is a 39" high riser which gives YOU more floor space on a daily basis, but can open to two beds for the guests.

aidelmaidel

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 12:34 pm
lkwdmommy wrote:
What do you think?

My DH and I were taught that when you are in niddah, the distance between beds should be enough that if one person reaches their arm over the space they won't touch the other bed. Obviously, this isn't always possible. But it is something to strive for (we have bunkbeds which are a different problem).

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 12:45 pm
Guess I'll be going with the 39" beds. There is enough room between for a small night table (which I will use for a lamp and alarm clock, and put some old Mishpacha mags underneath) and that will cover just about all the floor space - just enough space for the closet door to open and to get into the room in the first place.

dee's mommy

Post Tue, Apr 05 2011, 1:22 pm
I haven't read the entire thread.

My "guest room" has one single bed (twin) , and when there is a second person staying in the room, we put in an air bed, which is the same size as a twin.

The room has my bedroom furniture from when I was single. It has a dresser and mirror, night table, desk and bookshelves. Ideally, I would like to move the bookshelves out.

I also have a finished basement, where we can open up our other air beds, if necessary. That has it's own bathroom too.

If I had room and the resources, I personally would have liked to get a day bed/ trundle bed set up.

Ultimately, you want to have every guest comfortable, and especially if it a married couple, you want them to feel comfortable, and not have to worry about their accomadations based on their status.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics