Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Using the same food processor for meat and milk

sarah11

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 6:00 am
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a magimix but want to be able to use it for both meat and milk. Does anyone have one, or another food processor, which they use for meat and milk by buying different bowls and blades?

Thanks.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 6:51 am
No. I looked it in several times, and buying extra bowls and blades cost as much as buying an extra machine.

You're better off with separate appliances.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 7:08 am
My food processerhas a middle piece that get exposed to food so you can't. I do this with my blender though

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 7:44 am
My regular big food processor is for pareve. Since I don't do much fleishig in the food processor, I bought a mini one. It came out cheaper and uses less space. I don't need a milichig one, but I do have a milichig blender and a milichig shredder/grater attachement to my kitchen aid. That was also cheaper than a separate food processor for milichig.

nylon

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 8:27 am
chocolate moose wrote:
No. I looked it in several times, and buying extra bowls and blades cost as much as buying an extra machine.

You're better off with separate appliances.

Depends on the cost of the processor. If she's looking at a Magimix, it's nearly £300 (just looked up the current price!). You don't need to have every disc and blade in both milchig and fleishig, so it's not more expensive.

OP, I was told that I could do that. But you have to ask because I know people whose rabbis say it's a no.

sarah11

Post Thu, Jul 14 2011, 9:59 am
Thanks for everyones' replies, very useful. 8)

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Jul 14 2011, 10:09 am
You can keep a knife parve and use only that knife to cut up foods that will go into the food processor. As long as you don't put meat or dairy in it, it can remain parve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen