Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chinuch

RedVines

Post Wed, Feb 09 2005, 12:56 am
I Had a question and just wanted some feedback. My son who will be three at the end of this month is currently in a chabad preschool from 8:15 to 11:15. The cost is really $300 a month. We pay half. I also have a 10 month old and I work part time teaching. There are only 4 kids in the school. 2 are three years old so they stay full time. We are the only other lubavs in the community. I cant send my son anywhere else. I recently asked the shulcha if he could stay until after lunch. He has a great time and I think it is better then being home with a babysitter. I offered to make lunches, supply food etc. She basically told me she doesnt need any of that. It is all about the money!!! Now my son is turning three and he absolutly needs to stay full time. I am really frustrated with her response.. Comments, thoughts, advice needed

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 09 2005, 5:40 am
I can understand your frustration, but I can also understand the shlucha who is already offering you a service for half the normal price. Why would you expect her to have your child for another hour or two for the same price? It's a burden on her to have another child, so why shouldn't she expect to be paid more?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 09 2005, 9:09 am
it's tough to be in such a small community. but I do understand her reaction, although I think it's very considerate of you to offer your assistance in making lunch etc.
isn't there some kind of financial "aid" fund for the school, in order to help people like you? or maybe a sponsor can be found?

Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2005, 9:11 am
I wasn't aware that I logged in as amother... embarrassed
anyway, that's me before....

RedVines

Post Wed, Feb 09 2005, 10:39 am
I understand the shulchs position....there are only 2 kids staying all day, the teacher is already there. but there is no way we can afford $500 a month.

Quote:
It's a burden on her to have another child

another frum child?????

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 09 2005, 2:33 pm
Three children to deal with are more difficult than two. I wasn't thinking of frum/not frum. Does it make a difference at that age?

BTW, would it go from $150 to $500 for the extra couple of hours?? If so, I can really understand your being upset. Maybe you can work it out for $250 - also half-price. Makes more sense to me.

mommy2

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 8:55 pm
Just wondering, u r paying a babysitter and preschool fees, so is it worth going to work for you?

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 10:12 pm
may be sending your kid to a non-lubavich school would be a better option for you?

I know many lubav.s who send their kids to non-lubav. places, and they have no issues w/ neither $ nor limted choices.

creativemom

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 10:40 pm
Hi mommyof2!
I have the perfect solution for you! Why don't you move?!!! (As in on our side of the east coast? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )

RedVines

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 11:01 pm
Hi CM..Hmmmm moving to the east coast...thats a great idea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics