Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Not wearing Kippa

amother

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 9:34 am
My 16 year old brother has stopped wearing his Kippa outside of the house. He goes to shul three times a day and wears tzitzit all the time. He says that he doesn't feel he needs to wear a kippa full time and it bother s him to wear something on his head.

what would you do?

grin

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 1:13 pm
personally - I wouldn't do anything except take pride in a boy who is so serious about his yiddishkeit in such a meaningful way. This is so much nicer to see than one who wears a kipa but doesn't daven, let alone go to shul.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 1:22 pm
wearing a kippah all day is not an halacha!

I second what Grin said

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 4:12 pm
I think I would be more worried about the statement not wearing a kippah makes than the actual action.

However, as a sister, there is not much you can do other than be mechazek him.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 4:18 pm
there are many religious men who do not wear a kippa outside at all, only on shabbat and in shul, but I wonder what made him make that initial decision to stop wearing it, since many of the religious men who do not wear one outside grew up in families where that was not a custom in the first place.

freidasima

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 6:12 pm
He knows that he is making a statement right? Does he go to school in a religious environment? At sixteen he is still in school, isnt' he? What does the school say? Or is this when he is not at home and not at school? Is he in with a non frum crowd? Peer pressure?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 1:08 am
Sensory problem? does he need lighter kippas? kippas that don't fall? another fabric?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children