Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Can a Kippa fall be covering majority of hair?

Charnie123

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 10:43 am
Im interested in Kippa falls for comfort but I cover majority of my hair. I’m having difficulty getting a straight answer.

A rabbi who follows Rav Feinstein told me that if the hair sits down under the cap but the cap covers the entire head and surface of the hair (meaning you can’t see it when the wig sits over it) it should be ok.

However it seems like a lot of people don’t want to answer this question. Do you wear a Kippa fall and if so do you wear one that gives full coverage? Or is it more for women who are ok having a lot of hair showing/partially cover only?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 10:58 am
I wear one. the coverage is variable depending on the model, but can definitely cover the entire scalp if you get a larger "kippah" size and a denser hair quantity.
In terms of hair itself, I find that it only covers all of my hair if I put it in a loose-ish low pony, otherwise there is too much movement and my hair shows through at the bottom.

I will disclaimer though that I currently am comfortable with having non-scalp hair uncovered, so I am ok with the possibility of some hair showing with the kippah fall.

I will also add that I've variously struggled with covering and for me, there is a night and day difference between kippah falls and regular falls/sheitals. I could wear my kippah fall continuously for days on end, whereas I had to take my high-end, well-fitted fall off after 3 or 4 hours.

I think there was a woman on here a long time ago who paired a kippah fall with clip-in extensions to avoid the possibility of her own hair showing through when moving etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels