Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
When to teach dd about shomer negiah.

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 9:41 pm
At what age do girls have to be shomer negia?

Like when would your tell your DD she can't touch her boy uncles anymore?
Or her boy cousins anymore?

frumcouple1

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 12:05 am
Although an adult is prohibited to be in Yichud with a child, two children under the age of Bar/Bas Mitzvah are permitted to be in Yichud. See, however, some poskim are of the opinion that a girl under 12 should not be alone with a boy over age 9. In practice one may be lenient; however, it is certainly a middas chassidus to be stringent and educate children about kedushah and tznius. All the above refer to yichud. However, physical contact should be avoided even earlier from age 11. especially for cousins, who chazal claim that thier lust for each other, are greater than non family! I attended BYBP our teacher taught us in 5th grade.

Depressed

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 12:12 am
While YOU ARE EXPECTING

Every day, read a chapter from R Falks book out loud. Once she is 3 its too late..

grace413

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 12:14 am
Depressed wrote:
While YOU ARE EXPECTING

Every day, read a chapter from R Falks book out loud. Once she is 3 its too late..

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Isramom8

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 1:46 am
frumcouple1 wrote:
Although an adult is prohibited to be in Yichud with a child, two children under the age of Bar/Bas Mitzvah are permitted to be in Yichud. See, however, some poskim are of the opinion that a girl under 12 should not be alone with a boy over age 9. In practice one may be lenient; however, it is certainly a middas chassidus to be stringent and educate children about kedushah and tznius. All the above refer to yichud. However, physical contact should be avoided even earlier from age 11. especially for cousins, who chazal claim that thier lust for each other, are greater than non family! I attended BYBP our teacher taught us in 5th grade.

I want a quote on that cousin thing. "Bochim lemishpechosam"? Or something else?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 12:51 pm
I teach 4th and 5th grade boys, and although I don't have any reason to touch them, they very often will tap me to get my attention. I always wondered if it's my job to make them aware of the problem.
Anonymous because many of my students parents are on here and I'm afraid they will recognize me Smile Wave

MGmom

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 3:02 pm
My parents always used to lightly mention that we should play boys and girls seperate when we were a bit older. And we always saw it home that men n women were always seperate. It was sorta natural somehow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children