Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Hurray, Dougiesbbq.com is live!
Previous  1  2

elkayed

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:10 am
I love their onion blossom too..yummy sauce. Isin't the one in Manhattan still open but a takeout on like the 3rd floor? We went there and decided to leave since very small sit down area and 3 floors to climb with a carriage!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:14 am
The one in Manhattan isn't the same location as the old one. It's midtown, while the other one was on 72nd st.

I used to get the combo platter - wings, poppers, and the blooming onion and split it with a friend (it was huge). I also liked the monster burger. I didn't really like Dougie's compared to the other places that are available in NY - but I would love it if we had a franchise in my present location!

batya_d

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 1:01 pm
I think the midtown Dougie's Express closed down too, anyone?

DefyGravity wrote:
The one in Manhattan isn't the same location as the old one. It's midtown, while the other one was on 72nd st.

I used to get the combo platter - wings, poppers, and the blooming onion and split it with a friend (it was huge). I also liked the monster burger. I didn't really like Dougie's compared to the other places that are available in NY - but I would love it if we had a franchise in my present location!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 1:03 pm
Nope, the one on 47th is still opened. Oh, I guess that's not midtown, that's Times Square area. My bad.

batya_d

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 1:05 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Nope, the one on 47th is still opened. Oh, I guess that's not midtown, that's Times Square area. My bad.

It's smack in the middle of the Diamond district, 47th btw. 5 and 6. Second floor of a hole in the wall, you have to know where it is, but the food is awesome!

shopaholic

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:52 pm
I heard that rent is very high up there & that's why Dougies & the Judaica store cafe closed down.

lubcoralsprings

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:01 pm
Yeah but if they were packed why would it matter? Also why not just up the prices?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:02 pm
LubCoralSpring, just b/c the restaurant is packed doesn't mean they're making money.

Strange as it sounds, they still could be losing money. (I work for a landlord you know.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics