Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Search for lost money! Get your Money!
Previous  1  2  3  4

grin

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:49 am
StrongIma wrote:
I was directed to: http://www.missingmoney.com/
I found a relative but they say that lots of these are scams and not to bother - is that true?

abound

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 4:08 am
grin wrote:
StrongIma wrote:
I was directed to: http://www.missingmoney.com/
I found a relative but they say that lots of these are scams and not to bother - is that true?

Never heard of it being a scam, but I know that a lot can be an insignificant amount of money. You never know, I guess.

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 5:55 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
this sounds very scammy if you dont mind me saying so.
where is this "missing" money from?
why all of a sudden?

I received over $2000 on more than one occasion.

It's not something new I've been searching for about the past ten years.

It's not a scam it's the law.

It's forgotten bank accounts etc.

You have nothing to lose!

Also Make sure to go on your government website not other sites I can't vouch for any site other than the ones on your local government site. The original post has the NY link.

Liba

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 6:10 am
Banks and other insititutions by law have to turn over money that has been sitting for X numbers of years with no activity (like a matured CD, or a passbook account) to the state. The state has to publish information about the accounts and help people get their money back.

I am actually in the process of getting the money from a CD that matured and we purposefully left as is since it was earning good money, but for a bit too long. The state of Masschusetts has the money now and it isn't earning interest any more.

We had a second "lost money" which was a $5 copay from the hospital that they charged us when they shouldn't have and then we moved so they couldn't figure out how to refund it. LOL It isn't always big money, but it doesn't hurt to check nor take much to get it back.

We had to call a number, get a form sent and send a bunch of documents proving we are the rightful owners of the money.

I just searched the NY database and found quite a few insurance accounts that look to belong to my aunt. Once it is a normal hour in the US I will IY"H be in touch with her to let her know.

It is totally legit and legal. As the website says (I think the Massachusetts one) 1 in 10 people have lost money.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics