Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Best way to reheat kugel??

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 4:45 pm
Fresh potato kugel is one of my favorite foods in the world. Is there any way to get close to that fresh out of the oven taste/texture when reheating it? TIA!

Faigy86

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 4:48 pm
Is it leftovers? If it is fresh from the freezer, many people find that by underbaking it the first time, it tastes fresh when the defrost/finish baking it.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 5:02 pm
Thanks. I should have been more clear- I meant if I make it thurs night or Fri morning- how to reheat for Fri night seuda?

baker1

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 5:03 pm
I found the best way to reheat it is to cover the kugel well and put it on 225 in the oven for many hours! It does not taste likes its fresh, but it is really yummy like that!

Faigy86

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 5:07 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Thanks. I should have been more clear- I meant if I make it thurs night or Fri morning- how to reheat for Fri night seuda?

sorry, no suggestions. I'm going to watch this thread and hope someone has an answer Smile

glamourmom

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 5:23 pm
my mom always cuts it up in the pan and pours 3/4 cup over the entire kugel. then she covers it well and lets it sit in oven for a few hours. it gets soft and yummy. its not like that fresh kugel str8 from the oven but its almost as good. try it. it really works well.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 9:04 pm
Pour some water on top of the kugel. Cover and heat.
Tastes delicious, almost like overnight kugel. Different taste than just baked but just as delicious.

Strawberry2

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 5:51 am
glamourmom wrote:
my mom always cuts it up in the pan and pours 3/4 cup over the entire kugel. then she covers it well and lets it sit in oven for a few hours. it gets soft and yummy. its not like that fresh kugel str8 from the oven but its almost as good. try it. it really works well.

Do you mean water?

shoemaker

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 9:39 am
I add a little water & put it on the hot plate for a few hours.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 10:16 am
Thanks all! I will try the water idea.

glamourmom

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 10:43 am
Strawberry2 wrote:
glamourmom wrote:

Do you mean water?

yup. that is what I mean. how could I have missed the most crucial bit of info?? Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes