Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Is this good eating?

ianaii

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 10:40 am
Please any dieticians, nutritionists, or just diet smart people tell me if this is normal diet eating (I am trying to loose 60 lbs.):

Coffee with 2 splendas - I use 3% milk as my husband and kids prefer it and thats all there is in the house
1 cucumber, tomato
1/2 pepper
3 tbsp. 3% white cheese (gvinah levanah) or 100 gr. 3% cottage chees

another coffee
apple

huge salad with tuna or 2 hard boiled eggs - sometimes I throw on a lot of salad dressing 5% fat
1 slice brown bread with cheese

another coffee

3 pieces chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
israel salad

I also walk everyday for about 1/2 an hour

** some days I cheat and eat a cup or more of high fiber cereal

SS6099

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 9:38 pm
First of all, if you add up all your calories (yes I did!), it's roughly 1,000. To successfully lose weight, you should not go below 1200.
Second, you should eat a snack in between lunch and supper, and eat somewhat a larger breakfast and smaller dinner.
Otherwise, your meals are fine in content.
And you're walking 1/2 a day. That's great. At some point, you may want to increase the exercise for faster results. And definitely incorporate about 15-20 minutes of weight training 2x a week.
Keep up the hard work!

ianaii

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 2:46 am
Thanks for your feedback!!

Inspired

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 2:55 am
I would include some raw almonds or something like that, and I hope you are drinking tons of water. I think you drink too much coffee.
What is in the dressing?
Do you eat any fruit?

grace413

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 3:21 am
If you want to save some calories buy the 1% chalav amid just for your coffee. At 3 cups a day it won't go bad before you finish it.

Good Luck.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 6:55 am
Looks pretty healthy..
How long have you been doing it for? Have you been losing?

tsiggelle

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 6:59 am
am I the only one thinking that 1/2 cup=one portion of carbs is very little? my dietitian told me not to go lower than five

I can understand you wanting to go less , but one?

mydear

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 7:47 am
tsiggelle wrote:
am I the only one thinking that 1/2 cup=one portion of carbs is very little? my dietitian told me not to go lower than five

It depends on the person. For ex. my nutritionist said carbs aren't good for me due to my blood levels. I can either have a small sweet potato a day or soup with beans or lentils etc.

ianaii

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 8:28 am
[quote="notshanarishona"]Looks pretty healthy..
How long have you been doing it for? Have you been losing?[/quote]

I just started this past Sunday.

ellie23

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 9:18 am
its very healthy but I would suggest to make breakfast your biggest meal- not dinner....your breakfast is tiny- its good to eat some healthy carbs in the morning...add 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with olive oil...that should be very good and slim down the dinner to 2 chicken breasts....eating a large meal at night is known for keeping fat on..especially on your belly!good luck!

tsiggelle

Post Sat, May 19 2012, 2:14 pm
mydear wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:

It depends on the person. For ex. my nutritionist said carbs aren't good for me due to my blood levels. I can either have a small sweet potato a day or soup with beans or lentils etc.

thank you for explaining

Ruchel

Post Sat, May 19 2012, 5:17 pm
It doesn't hurt to get several opinions. many professionals disagree with each other, including carbs wise, fake sugar wise, calories wise...

connie

Post Sat, May 19 2012, 11:11 pm
if your overwieght because of high blood sugar I.e. too much insulin when you eat carbs that store into fat. then you should really cut out all carbs for a few weeks even those in fruits, whole grains, and milk.
The best way to determine this is if your constantly yo-yo dieting, not really losing weight long term even when eating healthy, mildly depressed, and constantly craving carbs.

If that sounds like you then you might be what is called "metabolism b" type and you need to cut out all carbs for a few weeks. Protiens should come from lean meat, lowfat/no carb dairy and seafood. Fats from nuts, seeds, avacados and healthy oils in moderation. Also increase green vegetables.

If your meal is fifty percent vegetables, thirty percent lean protien, and some healthy fat source such as nuts, then together with exercise you will lose weight. Plus you wont need to count calories just eat these whole foods until your full. good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise