Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Thinking about moving to pomona

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 5:14 am
can anyone tell me about the community , where are the good schools, shuls ?
any information would be appreciated
thank you

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 9:32 am
The people in Pomona are really nice. It's a warm, care-for-your-neighbors type place. The homes there are charming with plenty of trees. People there are not fancy. "Chilled" kinda describes them in many ways.

Also, we call Pomona the "Runaways". Many pple there were Chassidish, Yeshivish, Bais Yaakovish, etc. in there childhood, and found a different path. I don't mean that in a negative way at all. If that's you - it's perfect. Of course this is not true of everyone in Pomona.

Tell us about yourself, or ask specific questions so we can better help you.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 10:51 am
Pomona, NY?

abby1776

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 11:59 am
Pomona is an area of Monsey - people send their kids to the same schools - there is the same shopping etc.
Its past Wesley Hills and a little further from down town monsey so the houses are less expenses. Its very woodsy and the houses are spread a part so if you are used to living right next door to people you may feel a little isolated.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 12:16 pm
I live in Pomona. There are 2 parts of Pomona that frum people live in. There is Pomona Heights- where I live, right up old pomona road. The houses are smaller/cheaper and it is a nice growing jewish community. The frum people moving in are mostly young with a few children. Most people are not up sending to school, but will probably send to Yeshiva Spring Valley, Darchei Noam, and the more modern ones Asher and Yeshiva North Jersey. There are a few shuls in the area. Rabbi Schwartz- on Powderdorn, and KBY (a bit more modern). It is a nice area.
I don't know much about the other part of Pomona, the streets off camp Hill road. I know there are a lot of frum people buying there but don't really know much about the area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating