Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
NEED HELP WITH THANKSGIVING RECIPES
Previous  1  2  3

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 4:14 pm
I am having a severe case of Thanksgiving envy. My husband does not celebrate and I love all the harvest food recipes so I make Thanksgiving for a couple of weeks around the actual date.

Tonight I made this yummy recipe. It is easy and quick.

Butternut squash
carrots
rutabaga

Approximately equal parts about 1 inch cubes
Olive oil
S & P

Preheat oven to 450

Place the vegetables in a baking pan. Drizzle oil and Salt and pepper to taste. Add a couple of spoonfuls of water in pan. Roast until they are done. Turning a couple of times. Mine roasted in 30 minutes but I did not make a lot.

This recipe is amazing!!!!!

sky

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 7:06 pm
Cranberry relish - you need to have it on thanksgiving with turkey. Its my favorite!!!

squishy that recipe looks amazing - I'd love to make it - but what is Rutabaga?

[regarding frozen butternut squash - I think we are the only one who holds this but we only eat it if bishul yisroel and I was told by a kashrus organization that the squash is boiled before freezing. Eden just started selling frozen cubed butternut squash that is reasonably priced and is not a bishul yisroel problem. unfortunately I also have this bishul yisroel problem with canned pumpkin - I can't find any that is bishul yisroel - and with canned sweet potato - Gefen and Liebers both make a bishul one so I'm okay there. I would love any leads toward bishul yisroel canned pumpkin but I was told it is only sold wholesale to industries. ]

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 7:17 pm
sky wrote:
Cranberry relish - you need to have it on thanksgiving with turkey. Its my favorite!!!

squishy that recipe looks amazing - I'd love to make it - but what is Rutabaga?

[regarding frozen butternut squash - I think we are the only one who holds this but we only eat it if bishul yisroel and I was told by a kashrus organization that the squash is boiled before freezing. Eden just started selling frozen cubed butternut squash that is reasonably priced and is not a bishul yisroel problem. unfortunately I also have this bishul yisroel problem with canned pumpkin - I can't find any that is bishul yisroel - and with canned sweet potato - Gefen and Liebers both make a bishul one so I'm okay there. I would love any leads toward bishul yisroel canned pumpkin but I was told it is only sold wholesale to industries. ]

Rutabaga is a root vegetable. You could substitute or add others like turnips, parsnips, sweet potato.

newmother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 7:25 pm
If you want to do a spin on traditional pumkin pie, the pumkin muffins from Kosher By Design short on time are delicious and freeze beautifully! I make them all the time!

Della

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 5:23 pm
I wanted to thank everyone for the recipes and tips. .

We loved the stuffing(Yesha), cranberry sauce ( Squishy), and pumping pie ( Barbara).

sky

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 5:38 pm
Thanks Squishy (the name sounds funny to pronounce) for the veggie recipe - I"m making it for shabbos right now.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics