Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What is your monthly net income?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

What is your monthly net income - include all income
Less than 5,000 shekel  
 12%  [ 9 ]
6,000-8,000  
 17%  [ 13 ]
8,000-12,000  
 25%  [ 19 ]
12,00-16,000  
 14%  [ 11 ]
16,000-20,000  
 9%  [ 7 ]
20,000-25,000  
 8%  [ 6 ]
above 25,000  
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 74

Marion

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 3:53 pm
Tamiri wrote:
We also need to remember that the take-home pay of someone who leases a car thru the place of employment is going to be lower than someone with the same salary who doesn't have a car thru work.
Just sayin' - this is all very unscientific.

No, the take-home pay of a MALE who has a leased car from his company will be lower than someone with the same salary who doesn't have a car...the take-home pay of a FEMALE (with children) will be almost unaffected. (And I continue to thank my employer for making my family mobile.)

freidasima

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:10 am
Karnash you are obviously not aware of the requirements these days in tenders, go look at them and see what I am talking about.

Today to get a job as a secretary in any kind of government office, kupat cholim etc. entry level (!) you need a BA.

Things have changed since my day when you could be a secretary even without a high school diploma. No more. Since colleges opened up galore and everyone and his brother in this country who can barely write their name gets a BA it is worth nothing, not even the paper it is written on in some cases.

There are sectors whose degree is worth very little and the employers pay respective on that knowledge, in which students take tests for other students and get other people to write their papers. This happens in the Arab sector all the time but also in other sectors much closer to home unfortunately...

No wonder afterwards that Arabs and other groups cry "discrimination" that their BA equivalent graduates are not offered good jobs and are paid less with their degrees than those graduating from a regular university or a regular and not sectorially identified, college.

In short it's called "degree inflation" and the result is that to get an entry level job which really doesn't require a BA, people now demand it.

As for the story with the ozeret who went to Kenya on safari, for each story like that I can tell you a story of an ozeret who is afraid every friday that all her children will come for shabbat as they all love tea with a lot of sugar and she can't afford an extra bag of sugar when twenty kids and grandchildren all want tea. All kinds exist here.

Last edited by freidasima on Tue, Feb 05 2013, 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:54 am
I found that when our salary went down due to a new job, we qualified for help from the revacha to cover a lot of things previously too expensive for us on a better salary. The same for arnona. It is sad that earning better, unless it is a LOT better, still makes you live very thrifty and give up extra chugim, etc. It takes a lot of money to enjoy the better things in life here as taxes come out heavily in a higher tax bracket. Dh had a job at one point that brought in over 30,000 NIS a month bruto but we received close to 17,000 after taxes and our cost of living was around 14-15,000 a month so we had a little to save unless an unforeseen expense came that month. We could not live extravagantly with that salary at all. We received no discounts on anything so our money did not go as far. It is funny to say our money goes so much further now. I pay 412 shekels for maon instead of full price at 2400.

kalsee

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:58 am
amother wrote:
I found that when our salary went down due to a new job, we qualified for help from the revacha to cover a lot of things previously too expensive for us on a better salary. The same for arnona. It is sad that earning better, unless it is a LOT better, still makes you live very thrifty and give up extra chugim, etc. It takes a lot of money to enjoy the better things in life here as taxes come out heavily in a higher tax bracket. Dh had a job at one point that brought in over 30,000 NIS a month bruto but we received close to 17,000 after taxes and our cost of living was around 14-15,000 a month so we had a little to save unless an unforeseen expense came that month. We could not live extravagantly with that salary at all. We received no discounts on anything so our money did not go as far. It is funny to say our money goes so much further now. I pay 412 shekels for maon instead of full price at 2400.

AFAIK, for arnona discounts you have to be earning really really little. Like, 3000 for a family of 4 (I don't remember the exact number.)

Also , full price for maon is about 1600, not 2400.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 6:29 am
kalsee wrote:
amother wrote:

AFAIK, for arnona discounts you have to be earning really really little. Like, 3000 for a family of 4 (I don't remember the exact number.)

Also , full price for maon is about 1600, not 2400.

I think the cut off for Arnona for a family of 6 is around 7000 and we earn under that now. I also thought maon was closer to 1600 but someone just told me they are paying over 2000 and it costs 2400 at full price, full hours here are 7 AM till 4 PM, I'm not sure if it is the same everywhere or not.

tizunabi

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 7:54 am
maon price depends on the age of the child at the beginning of the year
under 15 months in september=2400
over=1700
its the same everywhere.

lovelyjuli

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 2:37 pm
wow so many questions...but first> we made alyiah 3 months ago, our income now: 7000nis for misrad haklita, 400nis kitzbat ieladym husband job 6500nis
Iam not working yet, I was thinking the same as ima FS, if I have to put my 2 kids in a maon half of my salary goes on it and if I work full time so 1/3 goes on that and I dont see my 6 months baby auntil 5pm...

but for now we have an income of 14 000nis...for 3 more months....then...H' helps us!

also I see that for americans there is a wide offer of jobs that pay around 6000-8000

Marion

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:13 pm
Olim also have a different discount schedule for meonot; different things are factored in.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:29 pm
I have a masters. I work at three jobs and earn: about 2900 NIS from one job (working twice a week), minimally from another job - it's basically my chessed. After transportation and babysitting, it costs me almost as much as I make, so I am not including that. I also have a job not connected to my field that earns about $800- $1000 per month, though sometimes much less and sometimes much more.
DH brings in about 3, 000 nis. We have rental income, but pay twice that in rent for where we live, so I am not sure how to put that in.
Leaving out my chessed job and the rent, we make aproximately 9200-9600, depending on the month.
Oh and chagim are paid for only in the 2900 NIS job.

Pashence

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 4:32 am
I'm reading this thread and feeling some hope- we're in a rut now, earning about 7000 between both of us and praying for my husband to find a job (he's working "here and there" doing odd jobs for about 1500 a month now).
It's nice to know that some of you are doing well, of course its all how you look at your situation. but what I would do with 10,000 a month!~!
Also, we're relatively new here and don't know about any discounts (arnona? etc..) we may be eligible for or how to go about getting those.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 4:57 am
Pashence wrote:
I'm reading this thread and feeling some hope- we're in a rut now, earning about 7000 between both of us and praying for my husband to find a job (he's working "here and there" doing odd jobs for about 1500 a month now).
It's nice to know that some of you are doing well, of course its all how you look at your situation. but what I would do with 10,000 a month!~!
Also, we're relatively new here and don't know about any discounts (arnona? etc..) we may be eligible for or how to go about getting those.

Bring the last 3 paychecks from you/your dh's earnings, teudat zehut, and go to your local arnona office. I also brought a letter from betuach leumi stating that I wasn't working after my last baby. See what they say.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 5:08 am
Karnash wrote:
Actually, she has 4 kids, this is her second and instead of a party (they're not dati) he wanted a safari, so she saved, took on extra hours, and took out a small loan to cover what was missing. But don't think that she's not constantly complaining about the cost of living and how it's impossible to raise a family here in Israel and if only she knew English, she would be on the next plane out.
Rolling Laughter yup, they have it tough here.

Marion

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 9:59 am
amother wrote:
Pashence wrote:

Bring the last 3 paychecks from you/your dh's earnings, teudat zehut, and go to your local arnona office. I also brought a letter from betuach leumi stating that I wasn't working after my last baby. See what they say.

For an arnona discount you have to be bringing in less than 2000NIS/person in your family. Not per adult! So if you're six people and you earn under 12 000NIS/month (gross, not net), you may well be eligible. If you're only 3 people and you bring in 8000NIS, you probably won't be.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions