Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Is this normal 7yr old behavior?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 9:10 am
OP here. Thank you so much everyone! I so appreciate it!

I'm just wondering, to all moms out there with a similar child, how do you have patience? It takes so much concentration to hear m out ALL day. And the chatter is nonstop. My ears hurt! My head hurts!

Vanilla

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:23 am
wow.. this sounds just like my DH! He's extremely social and loves to talk! He chews off my ear..he chews my kids" ears. I happen to be a great listener (not much of a talker) and I enjoy what he has to say. His aunt tells me that when he was a kid he used to follow her around much the same as your son. I don't have advice, but my first reaction to your post was..this sounds like such a cute, awesome kid! Believe me, I have one son who believes in having full control of his emotions and feelings at all times,never shares any of his thoughts, and it drives me crazy!!! I can understand that this is wearisome, but at least it's nice that he has the ability to be so expressive and that he feels so close to you. Hatzlocha!

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:35 am
amother wrote:

I'm just wondering, to all moms out there with a similar child, how do you have patience? It takes so much concentration to hear m out ALL day. And the chatter is nonstop. My ears hurt! My head hurts!
Sometimes I have a lot of patience, and enjoy it. I also remind myself that, someday, he'll be independent and I'll miss being his confidante. Other times I need to focus on something else and I tune him out of tell him it's not a good time for me to listen. Sometimes he keeps talking. The other day I actually said, "You're going to keep explaining that even though you know nobody's listening?" He smiled and said, "Sure." So that was that. He kept the story going, even when he went in to sit on the toilet. That's my boy!

willow

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 12:11 pm
Clarissa wrote:
amother wrote:

Sometimes I have a lot of patience, and enjoy it. I also remind myself that, someday, he'll be independent and I'll miss being his confidante. Other times I need to focus on something else and I tune him out of tell him it's not a good time for me to listen. Sometimes he keeps talking. The other day I actually said, "You're going to keep explaining that even though you know nobody's listening?" He smiled and said, "Sure." So that was that. He kept the story going, even when he went in to sit on the toilet. That's my boy!

My daughter is the same way. I find it helps to invite friends over so I can have a break.

zigi

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 1:44 pm
I have the same kind of kid. I like how people say that boys don't share how they feel etc. they should meet my son. lol! he can talk my ear off.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children