Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Im so fat! please help me figure out why!
Previous  1  2

naturalmom5

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 4:30 pm
Carbohydrates carbohydrates carbohydrates
It will kill you
Cut out all bread , pasta, pizza, potatoes
Stick to fresh fruit , lots of green veggies
Lean chicken and lean veal
And drink plenty of ice cold spring water slowly

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 1:39 am
amother wrote:
I gained 10 lbs when going off bc. Thanks to this post, I know it's not only me. The irony is I always lost my weight easily after giving birth, but I gained 10lbs when I started hormonal bc and another 10 when I went off.

Thanks to YOUR post I know it's not only me !
I didn't gain any weight when went on BC and thought myself so lucky...
Did you manage to lose it? How?
Please share.
If I see the situation doesn't get better with more exercise I will do what naturalmom suggested above...

chani8

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 1:45 am
If it is hormonal, which I used to think was a curse that we couldn't win over until I started losing the BC weight while still on BC by watching calories and exercising, then maybe you need to balance your hormones. I did start my diet and exercise routine at the same time that I started herbs for hormone balancing. I cannot recommend these herbs enough:

PhytoFemale, one in the morning and one around 3 pm. It has vitex and other nice stuff, and ginsing which gives energy (helps with diet!).
And then I also take red raspberry tincture once or twice a day, (three times a day during my period).

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 1:55 am
chani8 wrote:
If it is hormonal, which I used to think was a curse that we couldn't win over until I started losing the BC weight while still on BC by watching calories and exercising, then maybe you need to balance your hormones. I did start my diet and exercise routine at the same time that I started herbs for hormone balancing. I cannot recommend these herbs enough:

PhytoFemale, one in the morning and one around 3 pm. It has vitex and other nice stuff, and ginsing which gives energy (helps with diet!).
And then I also take red raspberry tincture once or twice a day, (three times a day during my period).

Where do you buy these in Israel?

smss

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 1:59 am
chani8 wrote:

interesting - I never heard red raspberry recommended for weight loss - only strengthening the uterus. what exactly does it do that helps weight loss?

chani8

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 2:02 am
smss wrote:
chani8 wrote:

interesting - I never heard red raspberry recommended for weight loss - only strengthening the uterus. what exactly does it do that helps weight loss?

I meant that I take those two things for hormone balancing, which, when we are hormonally balanced, help with dieting. Not that they are a diet aid. Although I think the little bit of ginsing in the PhytoFemale really helps. Problem is that you can find such a low dose by itself. All the ginsing alone products are mega doses which we've tried and they make us crazy hyper.

smss

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 2:10 am
chani8 wrote:
smss wrote:
chani8 wrote:

I meant that I take those two things for hormone balancing, which, when we are hormonally balanced, help with dieting. Not that they are a diet aid. Although I think the little bit of ginsing in the PhytoFemale really helps. Problem is that you can find such a low dose by itself. All the ginsing alone products are mega doses which we've tried and they make us crazy hyper.

so how does it balance hormones? I just never heard of it having anything to do with hormones...

chani8

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 2:12 am
amother wrote:
chani8 wrote:

Where do you buy these in Israel?

I get them from EdenTevaMarket, a health food store in Beer Sheva, because I have a discount card there. But I've also bought them from Superpharm.

chani8

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 2:21 am
smss wrote:
chani8 wrote:
smss wrote:
chani8 wrote:

so how does it balance hormones? I just never heard of it having anything to do with hormones...

Oh. It is a women's herb.

Quote:
Benefits of Red Raspberry Leaf

Red raspberry leaf contains: Carotenoids, citric acid, fragrine, pectin, tannins and vitamins A, B complex, C, D and E. An easily assimilated form of calcium; manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, silicon and sulfur.

It has been used for years for uterine toning and throughout pregnancy. It is good to alleviate morning sickness, prevent miscarriage, provide energy, make labor faster and easier, reduce hemorrhage, and increase milk supply.

It is also useful for nausea, diarrhea, bleeding gums, mouth sores, and may be useful in regulating blood sugar.

It is also known for regulating the menstrual cycle and alleviating cramps.

Because red raspberry leaf is rich in B-complex vitamins (which are water-soluble), it may be useful for anxiety. B-vitamins are known to help reduce stress. The tannins in the tea are also known to help relax muscles in the body and can soothe stomach aches and other manifestations of stress. It is a combination of these and the hormone-balancing properties that I was looking for.

This tea is safe for women, men, and children, and due to the B-complex may help men too.

Quote:
Red Raspberry (Rubus idaeus) is a member of the rose family. Its astringent leaves are widely used as a traditional herbal supplement. Traditionally used as an herbal tonic for women, Red Raspberry leaves offer many health benefits. Often recommended by natural health practitioners for menstrual irregularities, pms and morning sickness. These astringent leaves are high in calcium and other minerals making them beneficial for healthy nails, hair and skin. Nature`s Way Red Raspberry leaves are carefully selected to ensure the best purity and potency.

Quote:

The effectiveness of the red raspberry leaf is not limited to women who are pregnant or delivering babies. It is also great for young girls who need calcium and hormone support as their bodies change rapidly, or women who have hormone imbalances, especially during menopause and after. And at any stage, it can be used for improving the tone of the reproductive system, to support normal hormone levels or just as a good source for bio-available calcium.

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 2:24 am
Chani do you know if there's a way to take these as vitamins/pills instead of herbs (tea)?

Thanks!

rainbow dash

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 2:44 am
I found this show really interesting and helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx66CTepkeU

chani8

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 2:50 am
amother wrote:
Chani do you know if there's a way to take these as vitamins/pills instead of herbs (tea)?

Thanks!

Yes, the Phytofemale is capsules!

The Red raspberry that I use is a tincture, however, which means about 20 drops into a little water. I would think you could get it in capsules, but I can't find it. Drinking tea - forget it!

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 11:59 am
1- Give it a few weeks. My body works in a funny way. I don't lose anything even when trying hard and then suddenly I start losing faster. It may take time to start working.

2-Count your calories. Your dressing may be a ton of fat calories as well as the pasta and meat.

3-Find an exercise plan that works. Without that you won't get as far as you want and as fast as you want.

4- Drink a lot of water and only water

5-Eat only light foods before bedtime or no foods. Don't eat anything heavy like three hours before you go to sleep.

granolamom

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 6:09 pm
chani8 wrote:
amother wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, the Phytofemale is capsules!

The Red raspberry that I use is a tincture, however, which means about 20 drops into a little water. I would think you could get it in capsules, but I can't find it. Drinking tea - forget it!

why not the RRL tea? my mw said it was just as effective as the tincture. you just have to drink more of it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise