Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Spinoff- Touro for OT

amother

Post Sat, May 25 2013, 11:58 pm
I saw the thread on MSW and the negative reviews of Touro. I did research before my daughter started going to school for OT and heard wonderful things from those in the special ed and nursing home industries about Touro's OT program. My daughter is beginning the second year of the program and I'm worried now that I've read the thread. Has a/one gotten an OT degree from Touro? What was it liking when looking for a job?
We are in Brooklyn.

otsrock

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:06 am
I have a degree in OT from Touro. Found a job in Brooklyn right after I graduated. I had a choice of jobs. And I get calls and emails at least once a week offering me new jobs.

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:12 am
I have some friends who graduated. It's not a good program. However, there are so many job openings that she shouldn't have a problem finding a position. A competitive position? Probably not straight from touro, unless she is exceptional. Once she has some good experience the playing field is pretty even.

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:24 am
I went to Touro's Ot program- definitely can find jobs...
obviously not as good as NYU or other amazing colleges, but its a decent program and OT is a very solid market right now.
Your daughter should not have a problem finding a job.

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 1:41 am
Your daughter shouldn't have trouble at all getting a job! The original thread was for social work. Really different job markets.

gamanit

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 9:09 pm
I was actually wondering about Touro's OT program myself... Anyone has any idea of how long it takes, or how much it costs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics