Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Bells and Pomegranates / Till Then - by Rachel Pomerantz???
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

kalsee

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 4:27 am
I just read Bells and Pomegranates and I am so disappointed. I can't believe it's the same author. The quality of the writing is way down.
In her other books there is so much depth,deep conversations, and you can really get to know the characters.
I did not feel anything like that here. Only a bunch of kids, all dying to get married at age 19. Not one real conversation, nothing was developed (Yoel and Naomi had 5 lines of conversation before becoming engaged).
It seemed like she tried to throw in as many characters from her other books that she was able. Granted, it is fun to see someone you "know" in another book, but it felt like that was all it was.

Really surprised and disappointed. I guess that's what happens when you take a break from writing for 15 years...

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 7:19 am
I just read through the whole thread and now I'd like to read all of thee books....I vaguely recall reading wildflower and cactus blossom but it was such a long time ago that I want to read them agin anyway.
Can someone please post a list of all the books, in the order in which they take place? Thanks!

chocolate fondue

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 4:57 pm
The Books in Order:
The series about Barbara and Chaim, Ronny etc.:
Wildflower
Cactus Blossoms
Bells and Pomegranates
Till Then

The series about Beth and Lynn (Leah):
A Time to Rend, a Time to Sew (Leah is in seminary at the same time as Barbara in Wildflower)
As Mountains Around Jerusalem
(Crossing the Divide features a one of the characters from A Time to Rend... and tells you what happened to some of the others)
Bells and Pomegranates

Did I miss anything out?
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room