Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Anyone want to be my partner?

Frenchfry

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 10:55 pm
I'd love to lose about 25 lbs. I need some extra motivation.
I'm looking for someone who will communicate with me daily via email and we can give each other encouragement to stay away from the wrong foods, exercise more, and applaud each other's successes.

I've been doing somethin similar with my housekeeping (thank you yo'ma!), and its great!

PM me if you're interested.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 11:38 pm
Oy, with a name like Frenchfry I'm getting discouraged already...on the other hand, dh says groisamomma is not much better embarrassed

If you still don't have a partner, I'll gladly give it a shot. Need encouragement on this end, that's for sure.

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 11:40 pm
Groisamomma, just so you know, every time I see your screen name, I think of a big, tall, broad woman Very Happy

SS6099

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 5:58 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
Groisamomma, just so you know, every time I see your screen name, I think of a big, tall, broad woman Very Happy

Lol-same here!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 6:33 pm
You need to take responsability for yourself, Frenfry!

relish

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 6:35 pm
Ff, I'm for it too.

momof2sofar

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 6:43 pm
I see you have other offers, but I want in too.

esther09

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 10:03 pm
You should all join our group on MFP, everyone is really supportive and I think everyone is losing! Very Happy

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 11:36 pm
esther09 wrote:
You should all join our group on MFP, everyone is really supportive and I think everyone is losing! Very Happy

What's MFP? I need to lose around 80-90 lbs. and dh won't hear of the band. I need major help here.

For the record everyone, I chose that username because at the time I was big but on the way to losing major weight, you know, so I felt confident that since it would soon be a thing of the past I can make fun of myself.

Ha. Now I'm extragroisamomma. LOL

thanks

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 11:53 pm
MFP = myfitnesspal.com. It's a very helpful tool. Also an app on your smartphone. Tracks your calories, progress and exercise.

I'm on MFP, how do I find fellow imamothers?

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 11:55 pm
thanks wrote:
MFP = myfitnesspal.com. It's a very helpful tool. Also an app on your smartphone. Tracks your calories, progress and exercise.

I'm on MFP, how do I find fellow imamothers?

Ohhh, someone posted something about it here a few month ago. I was so jealous how motivated people were. She provided a direct link. Something like myfitnesspal.com/imamother or am I making that up completely?

acccdac

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 12:03 am
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....sspal

thats the other thread about this topic

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 2:16 pm
groisamomma wrote:
esther09 wrote:

What's MFP? I need to lose around 80-90 lbs. and dh won't hear of the band. I need major help here.

For the record everyone, I chose that username because at the time I was big but on the way to losing major weight, you know, so I felt confident that since it would soon be a thing of the past I can make fun of myself.

Ha. Now I'm extragroisamomma. LOL

That is sort of why I choose Squishy for my screen name. When my son innocently came up with the name, it made me realize how fat I was.

I am reiterating what everyone else is saying here. We have a very supportive group of frum ladies who will hold your hand. It helps to share your menu with other ladies. I find just having to log in a cookie will make me not eat it. It really really works.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 3:22 pm
pm me and I will get you into the imafitness group, if squishy doesn't

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 1:29 am
Just signed up, anyone want to friend me?

IMHopinion

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 1:32 am
Can anyone sign up? Do I have to share my diet, weight and calorie intake? Or can I just read and get motivated? How does it work?

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 2:03 am
IMHopinion wrote:
Can anyone sign up? Do I have to share my diet, weight and calorie intake? Or can I just read and get motivated? How does it work?

PM Squishy, she'll help you.

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 3:58 am
groisamomma wrote:
Just signed up, anyone want to friend me?

You can friend all my friends or any ladies in imafitnesspal.

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 4:04 am
groisamomma wrote:
IMHopinion wrote:

PM Squishy, she'll help you.

Anyone can sign up. You don't have to share anything. I find the more you share, the more support you get. Sign up with a different screen name than here and no one will link the two unless you do. The program will ask you to input data and it will suggest a daily calorie goal. To be effective, you log your calories each day. No one knows your weight and goals unless you post them. The amount of weight you loss gets posted if you want.

You can also read public topics and learn things.

Personally, I get motivated from targeted feedback. Atta girls work wonders keeping me focused.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise