Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Referral of dinei mamonot atty - enforce foreign judgment

ruth

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 2:33 am
I need a referral of an attorney that handles dinei mamonot/ monetary issues, specifically the enforcement of a foreign judgment.

In the US my ex took $70K a couple of weeks from a line of credit which he was not permitted. The court ordered that he return the money immediately. He admitted that he disbursed most of the money. $15k went to Israel with someone. Probably more. He is going to Israel shortly for the chagim.

He also took $32K last Dec and $25K in Oct.

Also he is refusing to give me my get unless I give him another $125K

any leads would be appreciated.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 2:37 am
shock Holy cats!

I am so, so sorry. That's horrible. Sad

Was the bank based in the US or in Israel? Did you call the bank ASAP and have them put a stop to the withdrawals?

Wish I could help. Hug

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 2:46 am
shock oh my, that's terrible shock shock

No practical advice for you, but I just had to say how sorry I am that this is happening.

Hugs Hug Hug

ruth

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 3:04 am
my idiot attorney should have put a freeze on the line of credit a year ago. Instead we relied on our pressure that he freeze it himself. I told the atty that I called the bank and they told me he could just unfreeze it. which he eventually did.

the latest $70 has a court order that he return the $, but my idiot attorney did an ex parte with notice to exdh. So my ex just removed the money he stole before the bank could freeze it. Nothing can be done now.

btw, my ex also molested my dd!!! he keeps getting away with murder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will the beit din find this behavior abhorrent enough to order him to give me the get? We already have the civil status done. He keeps saying he will give me the get when the entire divorce is over -- ie the financial matters. I was so, naïve and trusting (ie stupid) and I added him to the title of my property. 3 years later the matter is only wrapping up now.

He is leaving for Israel probably this week. I want the beit din in Israel to restrain him from leaving EY until he gives me the Get. is this hard to persuade the BT to do?

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 10:12 am
what a mess ... this is where the mafia should beat the crapola out of him to force the 'gett' ... and for god sake's take some of that monies out for yourself !!!!

ruth

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 11:07 am
thanks for the sentiments, greenfire. (pm me if you have contacts Wink in EY) my x&#@^ ex tricked me when we got married and I signed the line of credit thinking it was for both of us... it was in his name ONLY. so I could never do anything. in anycase the @#% max'ed it out now.

half of the $250K was used for community purposes, but about half for his private pre-marriage debts. It was too difficult to prove though. During the marriage he went an bought a car for himself. In the meantime in the US I was driving a cluncker.

This last year has been hell in court. He tried, unsuccessfully to get restraining orders against me. He has over $11,000 in sanctions. Ofcourse he doesnt' pay. I have to go today -- maybe for the last time. But I am sooooo depressed and fell like a wrung out wash cloth -- and look like one too. But I'm not going to let him see me this way. I'm going to put on some make up and strut in triumphantly.

Round two, Israel?

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 11:10 am
well - try to keep in mind Hashem is the provider of all sustenance ...

good luck !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions